On November, 5, 2019, at 6.30. p.m., the Library of the Center hosts a presentation of the educational platform "City and the Past in Digital."
Today, teaching or learning history cannot be reduced to theoretical knowledge only. Educators, teachers, students, and pupils need tools to help apply the acquired knowledge in a format acceptable by society. The format can be digital.
Over a long time, the team of the Center for Urban History, jointly with the friendly institutions and researchers, has worked on the development of the educational platform. The platform will offer to university lecturers and school teachers some practical recommendations and materials to teach history and culture of the 20th century through the lens of local stories and micro-histories, approaches to develop new topics within the available curricula, methods to develop practical skills to work with digital tools. The online resource will have approaches of formal and non-formal education based on the outcomes of the Lviv Interactive project.
Anyone interested to use the platform is invited to reflect upon the gained experience, to find the intersections between various theme blocks of the resources, and to discuss project capacity as a platform for a dialogue between researchers, educators, and school pupils focused on the content and the toolsets.
- Zoriana Rybchynska, head of Department of Culturology, Faculty of Humanities, Ukrainian Catholic University
- Maryan Mudryi, historian, educator, author of the integrated history textbook, Ivan Franko Lviv National University
- Oksana Sakhno, history teacher, "Oriana" school
- Taras Nazaruk, development coordinator, project coordinator at Lviv Interactive
- Khrystyna Boyko, coordinator for the block for schools and teachers
- Bohdan Shumylovych, coordinator of the block on the 1980s art practices for universities
The project is implemented with support of the Ukrainian Cultural Foundation.