Father Serafin Kashuba
was born in Lviv, on Zamarstynova Street, where he finished school and the Stefan Zhulkievskyi gymnasium. After graduation, he entered the ranks of the Capuchins.
In 1939, before the outbreak of war, he returned to his native Lviv for a short period. After the end of the Second World War, he decided to remain on the territory of the Soviet empire. During the unprecedented ruination of the structures of the Roman Catholic Church and the USSR’s religious population, he belonged to a small group of secret representatives of the Church of Silence. Under constant surveillance, ridiculed and confined in institutions for "the religious" and hospitals, he became "a man for everyone," travelling to the remote borders of the Soviet Union -- from Crimea to Leningrad, Siberia and faraway Kazakhstan. He died in 1978 in an atmosphere of holiness. He is buried in Yanivksky Cemetery. Father Kaszuba is undergoing the process of beautification.