Restoration of Lviv Heritage
July 22, 2008
Center for Urban History of East Central Europe has hosted a workshop dedicated to the restoration of the Golgotha Altar of Lviv's Armenian Cathedral, organized by the Lviv City Council and its Department of Historic Preservation and the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, Department for Polish Cultural Heritage Abroad.
The workshop has also followed up on the work of the Polish-Ukrainian Restoration Council, which focuses on the restoration of Fresco Paintings by muralist Jan Henryk Rosen in the Armenian cathedral.
The workshop has also emphasized the importance of Lviv's famous Lychakiv Cemetery as well as of the city's Latin Cathedral
The meeting was attended by representatives of major academic circles and cultural Institutions of the Republic of Poland and Ukraine.
Сover Image: Ludwik Wezinninsky. Gallery in the courtyard of the Armenian Church, 1930. Library of the Institute of Ethnology Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Lviv / Urban media archive