Ruska street



ID number:
08008
Title:
Ruska street
City:
Subject:
Street, buildings, tram, tram line, St. Michael church
Creator:
Illya Pavlyk
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1955-1960
Format:
10x15 сm
Copyright:
Oleksandr Korobov
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 11800
City: Lviv
Date: 1957-1965
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: street
ID: 01768
City: Lviv
Date: 1946-1955
Format: 6х9 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: Lenina Street, Lychakiv Park, electric lamp-posts, monument to the Tank Guardsmen
ID: 00688
City: Grodno
Date: 1900-1910
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Georg Stilke, Berlin
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: city, Torhova Street, single-storied construction, church, lamp-post, brick fence, passersby
ID: 06226
City: Lviv
Date: 1987-1990
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Street, building, architecture
ID: 01717
City: Lviv
Date: 1970-1980
Format: 14х9 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: Street, buildings, renovation, lamp-post
ID: 13778
City: Lviv
Date: 1941
Format: Unknown
Creator: Wilhelm Demmer
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Dietrich Demmer
Subject: flowerbed, avenue, street, tram, people, monument, theatre
ID: 00996
City: Lviv
Date: 1967
Format: 9х14 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Dzerzhynkoho Street, buildings, trees
ID: 08697
City: Lviv
Date: 1963
Format: 6х9 cm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Streets, buildings, architecture, paving, transport, trading
Khmelnytskyi
ID: 01434
City: Khmelnytskyi
Date: 1903
Format: 15х23 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Serhiy Esiunin
Subject: Proskuriv, Alexandrivska Street, hotel, rental houses
The former Barefoot Carmelite Roman Catholic Church (presently St. Michael Church, 20 Vynnychenka Street) is a Baroque construction. The church was constructed on a hill beyond the limits of the old defensive walls. Together with the cells buildings and the defensive wall standing along the driveway of Prosvity and Vynnychenka Streets, the church forms a single architectural ensemble that over the course of the seventeenth-eighteenth centuries had a defensive purpose protecting the city from the east. The main construction chronology dates connected with this object are 1634 (erecting the main section of the building, by the architect Ya. Pokorovych), the second half of the seventeenth century (adding the defensive walls, by the engineer J. Berens), the seventeenth-eighteenth centuries (monastery complex), 1835-1839 (construction of a bell tower, by the architect A. Vondrashka) and 1906 (erection of a bell tower and restoration, by the architect V. Halytskyi).
Lubomirski Palace (presently a branch of Lviv Ethnography and Crafts Museum of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine) is an example of the architecture of the Baroque magnate palace incorporated in the contruction complex of the late medieval and early Modern periods. It was constructed in the seventeenth century, significantly rebuilt in and refinished over the course of 1744-1763 (by the architects Jan de Witte, Bernard Meretyn and Marcin Urbanik, and by the sculptors Sebastian Fesinger and Stefan Kodecki).