Dominican cathedral



ID number:
00045
Title:
Dominican cathedral
City:
Description:
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Subject:
Dominican cathedral, main portal, the Church of the Blessed Eucharist
Creator:
Sergei Yahchybekov
Publisher:
Unknown
Date:
2003
Format:
Unknown
Copyright:
Sergei Yahchybekov
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

Chernivtsi
ID: 03774
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1890-1896
Format: 120х160 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Helmut Kusdat
Subject: Czernowitz, Church
ID: 03210
City: Lviv
Date: 1900
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Efroim Gausman, Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Square, church, public garden
ID: 01674
City: Shchyrets
Date: 1900-1934
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Kryzhanivskyy
Subject: Church, belltower
ID: 01675
City: Shchyrets
Date: 1900-1934
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Kryzhanivskyy
Subject: Church, belltower
ID: 09676
City: Lviv
Date: 1930-1939
Format: 14x9 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Church, architecture, architectural details, courtyard, people
ID: 01357
City: Lviv
Date: 1880
Format: 13х21cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Sv. Yura square, cathedral, Archbishop's palace, Rynok
ID: 02241
City: Lviv
Date: 1900-1914
Format: 17х11 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Street, church, architecture
ID: 02993
City: Lviv
Date: 1920-1939
Format: 15х10 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Church, belfry
ID: 08005
City: Lviv
Date: 1960-1965
Format: 15x10 cm
Creator: Illya Pavlyk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksandr Korobov
Subject: St. George church, architecture, square, public garden
The former Dominican Roman Catholic Church is the biggest Baroque church in Lviv. This massive monument of the Christian architecture has become the main component of the architectural complex dating to the fifteenth-nineteenth centuries including also the buildings of the monastery cells and the bell tower. The church was built from stone and brick over the course of 1749-1764 (the architects J. de Vitte, M. Urbanik and K. Muradowicz) on the site of a Gothic church of the fifteenth century, on the plot of land bordering the medieval Lviv on the west. In 1792-1798 the church was reconstructed (by the architect K. Fesinger). In 1905-1914 the interior restoration was completed. A square and a garden have been set up in front of the church. Under Socialism, the building housed the Museum of Atheism, later Museum of the History of Religion.