NTSh building on the former Czarnieckiego St.



ID number:
03511
Title:
NTSh building on the former Czarnieckiego St.
City:
Description:
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Polish
Subject:
Street, NTSh building, flowerbed
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Date:
1900-1914
Format:
11х17 cm
Copyright:
Ihor Kotlobulatov
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 03765
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1907-1914
Format: 120х180 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Helmut Kusdat
Subject: Czernowitz, House of Doctor’s Union
ID: 00969
City: Lviv
Date: 1949
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Central State Kinofotofono Archive after G.S. Pshenychny
Subject: Fedkovycha Street, "Rox", Railway Employees Culture Palace, city greens
ID: 02354
City: Lviv
Date: 1910-1912
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Hryhoriy Hanuliak
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Church, courtyard, architecture, meetings, people
ID: 03724
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1910
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Friedrich Rieber, Czernowitz
Copyright: Helmut Kusdat
Subject: Czernowitz, Deutsches Haus, German People's House, Nationalhaus
Chernivtsi
ID: 03413
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1910
Format: Unknown
Creator: Leon Kenig, Chernivtsi
Publisher: Claudia Erdheim, Das Stetl. Galizien und Bukowina 1890–1918. Album Verlag, Wien 2008.
Copyright: Claudia Erdheim
Subject: City, architecture, Jewish House, construction
ID: 02504
City: Lviv
Date: 1928
Format: 5х10 cm
Creator: Karl Auer
Publisher: Tadeusz Mankowski, Lviv 80 years ago
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Park, leisure
ID: 03214
City: Lviv
Date: 1905
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Andrejczyn, Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Symbolics, flag, coat of arms
ID: 01328
City: Lviv
Date: 1911
Format: 12х18 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Memorial plaque, Sokół society, Józef Neumann, President of Lviv
ID: 03571
City: Lviv
Date:
Format:
Creator:
Publisher:
Copyright:
Subject: Rynok, building, Prosvita

This residential building was constructed according to design of architects Johann Salzmann and Florian Onderka in 1839. In 1912-1939 it was owned by the Shevchenko Scientific Society. In the Soviet period, the Institute of Social Sciences, an ideological pillar of the nearby Regional Committee of the Communist Party, was located there. Now it is occupied by the Ukrainian Department of the Lviv National Stefanyk Library, by the I. Krypyakevych Institute of Ukrainian Studies of the NAS of Ukraine, and by the research center "Rescue Archaeological Service" of the Institute of Archaeology of the NAS of Ukraine. The building is an architectural monument of local significance (protection number 425).

This residential apartment building was built in 1879-1880 by architect Michał Fechter in Neo-Renaissance style. In 1898-1939 the building was owned by the Shevchenko Scientific Society; in the Soviet period it was adapted for dwelling. It is an architectural monument of local significance (protection number 426).