Skating ring at Sobko's pond



ID number:
03509
Title:
Skating ring at Sobko's pond
City:
Description:
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Polish
Subject:
Pond, skating ring, buildings, people
Creator:
Josef Popel
Publisher:
Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Date:
1901
Format:
9х14 сm
Copyright:
Ihor Kotlobulatov
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 01384
City: Lviv
Date: 1863
Format: 10х14 cm
Creator: Josef Eder
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Lviv Historical Museum
Subject: Pond, military baths, boats, Pływalni Street, Poznańska hill, Citadel
ID: 08609
City: Lviv
Date: 1963
Format: 6х9 cm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Park, alley, fountain, consruction
ID: 11043
City: Skole
Date: 1920-1939
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Ihor Chudiyovych
Subject: Lake, rest
ID: 06214
City: Lviv
Date: 1963-1964
Format: 15х10 cm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Square, public garden, fountain, sculpture
ID: 00247
City: Lviv
Date: 1968
Format: Unknown
Creator: Julian Dorosh
Publisher: Halytska Brama, Lviv
Copyright: Andriy Dorosh
Subject: Poltva, bridge over Poltva, electric poles
ID: 02889
City: Lviv
Date: 1895-1905
Format: 8х11 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Pełczyński pond, bath-house, hill, Citadel
ID: 06008
City: Unknown location
Date: 1930-1939
Format: Glass negative 4,5х6 cm, "Gevaert"
Creator: Adam Lenkiewicz
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Maryna Kursanova
Subject: Lakeshore, fishing tackle, artist, sketchpad, painting
ID: 00243
City: Lviv
Date: Post-War period, Communist Rule (1946-1990)
Format: Unknown
Creator: Julian Dorosh
Publisher: Halytska Brama, Lviv
Copyright: Andriy Dorosh
Subject: Lakes in Kryvchytsi, Bohdanivska Street
Nemyriv
ID: 11146
City: Nemyriv
Date: 1962
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Knysh
Subject: Lake, rest, boat, resort

 The complex covers an area bounded on the east where Sakharov Street joins Princess Olha Street; on the west by structures along Morshynska and Pryrodna Streets; on the south by a section of land belonging to the The National Forestry and Wood-Technology University of Ukraine; and by Horbachevskyi Street on the north. The main entrance faces Horbachevskyi Street, with a service entrance from the Morshynska side. The complex has two swimming pools, tennis courts, a green for “horodky” (a national game similar to lawn bowling), play areas, and a multi-purpose sport area.

The territory has been a favorite of swimmers since the beginning of the 19th century, and was named Svytiaz toward the end of the century. The facility was held in private hands until 1939; after 1945 it was transferred to the Lviv Medical Institute where its current designation - Medic - hails from. During the 1970s, the complex belonged to the Avantgarde sports club. It is currently, once again, privately-owned. A major reconstruction, designed by Yaroslav Novakivskyi, was undertaken in 1955, with renovations following in the 1990s and early 2000s.