St. Onufri Basilian monastery



ID number:
02996
Title:
St. Onufri Basilian monastery
City:
Subject:
Monastery, belfry, courtyard, cross
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1910
Format:
16х10 cm
Copyright:
Ihor Kotlobulatov
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 02568
City: Buchach
Date: 1899
Format: 140x90 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: S. Halberg, Buchach
Copyright: Library of the Institute of Ethnology, Lviv
Subject: Building of Basilian Monastery, church, bell tower
ID: 09003
City: Lviv
Date: 1975-1980
Format: 11х17 сm
Creator: Juriy Gaskevych
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Gaskevych
Subject: Monastery, church, architecture, courtyard, buildings
ID: 02562
City: Buchach
Date: 1923-1939
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Library of the Institute of Ethnology, Lviv
Subject: Church, Basilian gymnasium
ID: 02023
City: Lviv
Date: 1914-1915
Format: 140х90 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Printing House of W.A.Szyjkowski, Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Street, architecture, buildings, church, monastery, wall
ID: 08001
City: Lviv
Date: 1960-1965
Format: 15х10 cm
Creator: Illya Pavlyk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksandr Korobov
Subject: Monastery, church, archive, street, people
ID: 08157
City: Lviv
Date: 1953-1954
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Leonid Zapadenko
Subject: Monastery, courtyard, wall, inhabitants
ID: 08163
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1952
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Leonid Zapadenko
Subject: Monastery, buildings, gardens, fence, people
ID: 09036
City: Lviv
Date: 1977-1980
Format: 11х17 сm
Creator: Juriy Gaskevych
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Gaskevych
Subject: Street, architecture, fortification, wall, monastery, public garden
ID: 02185
City: Lviv
Date: 1930-1939
Format: 14x9 cm
Creator: Leon Czechowicz
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Otko
Subject: Church, monastery, architecture, garden
The St. Onuphrius monastery in Lviv consists of a complex of buildings including a church, a belfry gate and monks’ cells which are owned by the Most Holy Saviour Province of the Basilian Order in Ukraine. It is located in the oldest part of the city existing since the times of the Principality of Galicia-Volhynia. The church is one of the oldest monastery churches; it is associated with well-known historical persons (a prince of Moldavia), clerics, members of the Lviv Stauropegion brotherhood, noted architects (Franz Trescher, Edgar Kováts), sculptors, carvers (Andriy Koverko), painters (Luka Dolynsky, Marcin Jabłonski, Modest Sosenko), printing pioneer Ivan Fedorovych (Fedorov). Some prominent figures of the sixteenth-eighteenth centuries from Lviv and Ukraine are buried in the church and near it.

According to the resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian SSR number 970 dated 24 August 1963, the St. Onuphrius church was entered in the National list of monuments under protection number 364/1.
The St. Onuphrius church belfry is an integral part of the monastery complex situated in the oldest part of the city, existing since the times of the Principality of Galicia-Volhynia, where it plays the dominant role. The church is one of the oldest monastery churches; it is associated with well-known historical persons (a prince of Moldavia), clerics, members of the Lviv Stauropegion brotherhood, noted architects (Franz Trescher, Edgar Kováts), sculptors, carvers (Andriy Koverko), painters (Luka Dolynsky, Marcin Jabłonski, Modest Sosenko), printing pioneer Ivan Fedorovych (Fedorov). Some prominent figures of the sixteenth-eighteenth centuries from Lviv and Ukraine are buried in the church and near it.

According to the resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian SSR number 970 dated 24 August 1963, the St. Onuphrius church belfry was entered in the National list of monuments under protection number 364/3.