St. Onufri Basilian church



ID number:
02993
Title:
St. Onufri Basilian church
City:
Description:
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Subject:
Church, belfry
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1920-1939
Format:
15х10 cm
Copyright:
Ihor Kotlobulatov
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 01658
City: Shchyrets
Date: 1920-1930
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Andriy Kryzhanivskyy
Subject: Church
ID: 03910
City: Lviv
Date: 1938-1939
Format: 15х10 cm
Creator: Adam Lenkiewicz
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Maryna Kursanova
Subject: Church, tree, architecture
ID: 01761
City: Lviv
Date: 1937-1939
Format: 6,5х6,5 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: Church of Our Lady of Ostra Brama, 175, Lychakivska St.
ID: 01765
City: Lviv
Date: 1937-1939
Format: 6,5х6,5 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: Church of Our Lady of Ostra Brama
ID: 02377
City: Lviv
Date: 1837
Format: 16,7х23,7 сm; 22,2х28,5 сm
Creator: Karl Auer
Publisher: Piotr Piller, Lemberg
Copyright: Oleh Vvedenskyi
Subject: Church, Metropolitan's Residence, Gardens
ID: 01357
City: Lviv
Date: 1880
Format: 13х21cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Sv. Yura square, cathedral, Archbishop's palace, Rynok
ID: 01292
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1960
Format: 12х18 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Franciscan Church, Lysenka Street, buildings, passersby, green growth
ID: 00161
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1960
Format: Unknown
Creator: Julian Dorosh
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Andriy Dorosh
Subject: Carts, trees pruned, Gunpowder Tower, Carmelites Church
ID: 01635
City: Shchyrets
Date: 1920-1934
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Andriy Kryzhanivskyy
Subject: Church
The St. Onuphrius monastery in Lviv consists of a complex of buildings including a church, a belfry gate and monks’ cells which are owned by the Most Holy Saviour Province of the Basilian Order in Ukraine. It is located in the oldest part of the city existing since the times of the Principality of Galicia-Volhynia. The church is one of the oldest monastery churches; it is associated with well-known historical persons (a prince of Moldavia), clerics, members of the Lviv Stauropegion brotherhood, noted architects (Franz Trescher, Edgar Kováts), sculptors, carvers (Andriy Koverko), painters (Luka Dolynsky, Marcin Jabłonski, Modest Sosenko), printing pioneer Ivan Fedorovych (Fedorov). Some prominent figures of the sixteenth-eighteenth centuries from Lviv and Ukraine are buried in the church and near it.

According to the resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian SSR number 970 dated 24 August 1963, the St. Onuphrius church was entered in the National list of monuments under protection number 364/1.