Vynnychenka Street



ID number:
02629
Title:
Vynnychenka Street
City:
Description:
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Subject:
Radianska Street, Church of St. Michael the Archangel
Creator:
Oleh Vvedenskyi
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1966
Format:
30х30 сm
Copyright:
Oleh Vvedenskyi
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 09354
City: Lviv
Date: 1941-1944
Format: 150х100 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Oleksadr Moskalenko
Subject: Cathedral
ID: 02084
City: Lviv
Date: 1947-1950
Format: 14x9 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Church, Teatralna street, Trybunalska square, fence, people
ID: 02041
City: Lviv
Date: 1930-1939
Format: 14x9 cm
Creator: Jan Otko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Otko
Subject: Night view of Dominican church of God's body
ID: 03211
City: Lviv
Date: 1901-1905
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Zaklad swiatlodrukow, Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Discalced Carmelites church, parish house, street
ID: 08360
City: Lviv
Date: 1941-1944
Format: 140х90 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Square, church, architecture
ID: 03327
City: Brody
Date: 1915
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Taras Pinyazhko
Subject: Church, Korzeniowskiego Street
ID: 03208
City: Lviv
Date: 1936
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Panoama, buildings, St. Elizabeth church, streets
ID: 03731
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1900-1910
Format: 85x135 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Helmut Kusdat
Subject: Czernowitz, Church
ID: 01969
City: Lviv
Date: 1926
Format: 140х90 mm
Creator: Jan Bulhak
Publisher: "Ruch", Lwow
Copyright: Andriy Otko
Subject: Church, fasade, public garden, St. Jan from Dukla column
The former Barefoot Carmelite Roman Catholic Church (presently St. Michael Church, 20 Vynnychenka Street) is a Baroque construction. The church was constructed on a hill beyond the limits of the old defensive walls. Together with the cells buildings and the defensive wall standing along the driveway of Prosvity and Vynnychenka Streets, the church forms a single architectural ensemble that over the course of the seventeenth-eighteenth centuries had a defensive purpose protecting the city from the east. The main construction chronology dates connected with this object are 1634 (erecting the main section of the building, by the architect Ya. Pokorovych), the second half of the seventeenth century (adding the defensive walls, by the engineer J. Berens), the seventeenth-eighteenth centuries (monastery complex), 1835-1839 (construction of a bell tower, by the architect A. Vondrashka) and 1906 (erection of a bell tower and restoration, by the architect V. Halytskyi).