The Holy Eucharist church



ID number:
02042
Title:
The Holy Eucharist church
City:
Subject:
God's body church and Dominican monastery, Pidvalna street, royal arsenal, public garden, Пovernor shaft
Creator:
Jan Otko
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1930-1939
Format:
14x9 cm
Copyright:
Andriy Otko
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 03532
City: Lviv
Date: 1908
Format: 16,5х12 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Church, interior, altar, furniture, décor
ID: 03550
City: Lviv
Date:
Format:
Creator:
Publisher:
Copyright:
Subject: Street, church, vicarage, wall, memorial sign
ID: 02179
City: Lviv
Date: 1900-1901
Format: 140х90 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Franciszek Niżałowski, Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Church of Our Lady of the Snow, Our Lady statue, people, city growth
ID: 02110
City: Lviv
Date: 1923
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Josef Kosciesza Jaworski
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Square, buildings, architecture, church, wall
ID: 02237
City: Lviv
Date: 1931
Format: 140х90 mm
Creator: Vavzhynets Daychak
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Project, church, architecture, graphics
ID: 03021
City: Lviv
Date: 1920-1939
Format: 17х11 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Cathedral architecture, details, tower
ID: 01639
City: Shchyrets
Date: 1900-1939
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Andriy Kryzhanivskyy
Subject: Church, square
ID: 08362
City: Lviv
Date: 1941-1944
Format: 140х90 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Church, architecture, sculpture
ID: 01258
City: Lviv
Date: 1941-1944
Format: 150х100 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: "Ksiaznica-Atlas", Lwow
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: St. Mary Magdalene Church
The former Dominican Roman Catholic Church is the biggest Baroque church in Lviv. This massive monument of the Christian architecture has become the main component of the architectural complex dating to the fifteenth-nineteenth centuries including also the buildings of the monastery cells and the bell tower. The church was built from stone and brick over the course of 1749-1764 (the architects J. de Vitte, M. Urbanik and K. Muradowicz) on the site of a Gothic church of the fifteenth century, on the plot of land bordering the medieval Lviv on the west. In 1792-1798 the church was reconstructed (by the architect K. Fesinger). In 1905-1914 the interior restoration was completed. A square and a garden have been set up in front of the church. Under Socialism, the building housed the Museum of Atheism, later Museum of the History of Religion.