Night view of Holy Eucharist church



ID number:
02041
Title:
Night view of Holy Eucharist church
City:
Subject:
Night view of Dominican church of God's body
Creator:
Jan Otko
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1930-1939
Format:
14x9 cm
Copyright:
Andriy Otko
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 03206
City: Lviv
Date: 1932-1939
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Fathers salesians
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Church of Our Lady of Mercy Ostrobramska, interior
ID: 01999
City: Lviv
Date: 1930-1939
Format: 14x9 cm
Creator: Adam Lenkiewicz
Publisher: "Ruch", Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Yanivska, Horodoka streets, St. Anna church
ID: 02086
City: Lviv
Date: 1908
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Jan Bromilski, Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Street, architecture, church, college
ID: 02084
City: Lviv
Date: 1947-1950
Format: 14x9 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Church, Teatralna street, Trybunalska square, fence, people
ID: 00053
City: Lviv
Date: 1914
Format: 18х13 сm
Creator: Josef Kosciesza Jaworski
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Lviv Historical Museum
Subject: Cathedral, Gothic, the belfry
ID: 01258
City: Lviv
Date: 1941-1944
Format: 150х100 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: "Ksiaznica-Atlas", Lwow
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: St. Mary Magdalene Church
ID: 08086
City: Olesko
Date: 1980-1985
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Juriy Gaskevych
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Juriy Gaskevych
Subject: Street, church, monastery, architecture, sculpture
ID: 01671
City: Shchyrets
Date: 1930
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Kryzhanivskyy
Subject: Church
ID: 00664
City: Lviv
Date: 1914
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Dawid Grund, Lwów
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Church, monastery, Sapiega St., tram, column, power transformer booth, fragment of building
The former Dominican Roman Catholic Church is the biggest Baroque church in Lviv. This massive monument of the Christian architecture has become the main component of the architectural complex dating to the fifteenth-nineteenth centuries including also the buildings of the monastery cells and the bell tower. The church was built from stone and brick over the course of 1749-1764 (the architects J. de Vitte, M. Urbanik and K. Muradowicz) on the site of a Gothic church of the fifteenth century, on the plot of land bordering the medieval Lviv on the west. In 1792-1798 the church was reconstructed (by the architect K. Fesinger). In 1905-1914 the interior restoration was completed. A square and a garden have been set up in front of the church. Under Socialism, the building housed the Museum of Atheism, later Museum of the History of Religion.