Dominican church and the royal arsenal



ID number:
02034
Title:
Dominican church and the royal arsenal
City:
Subject:
Architecture, church, arsenal, square
Creator:
Leon Czechowicz
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1930-1939
Format:
14x9 cm
Copyright:
Andriy Otko
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 01829
City: Lviv
Date: 1847
Format: 16,5х23,9 сm, 22,2х28,8 сm
Creator: Teofil Żychowicz
Publisher: Piotr Piller, Lemberg
Copyright: Oleh Vvedenskyi
Subject: Cathedral, belfry, Campians chapel, carriage, Katedralna Square
ID: 03209
City: Lviv
Date: 1914-1915
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Mechislav Shyikovski, Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Church, monastery, architecture, street
ID: 02166
City: Lviv
Date: 1930-1939
Format: 14x9 cm
Creator: Leon Czechowicz
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Otko
Subject: Street, church, building parish, stairs, city greenery
ID: 00458
City: Lviv
Date: 1932-1939
Format: Glass negative 4,5х6 cm, "Gevaert"
Creator: Adam Lenkiewicz
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Maryna Kursanova
Subject: Street, square, building, architecture, church, monument
ID: 02066
City: Lviv
Date: 1955-1960
Format: 14x9 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Square, church, architecture, transport, trolleybus, people
ID: 02064
City: Lviv
Date: 1932-1939
Format: 14x9 cm
Creator: Leon Czechowicz
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Otko
Subject: St. Elizabeth church, interior, main altar
ID: 10414
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1980
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Publishing House "Plakat", Moscow
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: Bernardyński Square, Bernardine Church, green area, tram tracks
ID: 03507
City: Lviv
Date: 1890
Format: 12х18 cm
Creator: Edward Trzemeski
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Church, monastery, Kurkova St.
ID: 06206
City: Lviv
Date: 1963-1964
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Wall, table, inscription, Latin
The former Dominican Roman Catholic Church is the biggest Baroque church in Lviv. This massive monument of the Christian architecture has become the main component of the architectural complex dating to the fifteenth-nineteenth centuries including also the buildings of the monastery cells and the bell tower. The church was built from stone and brick over the course of 1749-1764 (the architects J. de Vitte, M. Urbanik and K. Muradowicz) on the site of a Gothic church of the fifteenth century, on the plot of land bordering the medieval Lviv on the west. In 1792-1798 the church was reconstructed (by the architect K. Fesinger). In 1905-1914 the interior restoration was completed. A square and a garden have been set up in front of the church. Under Socialism, the building housed the Museum of Atheism, later Museum of the History of Religion.