Monument to Stanisław Jablonowski on Svobody avenue



ID number:
01517
Title:
Monument to Stanisław Jablonowski on Svobody avenue
City:
Description:
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Polish
Subject:
Monument, Wały Hetmańskie, Hetmanska Street, Industry Museum, people
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1920-1939
Format:
11x17 cm
Copyright:
Ihor Kotlobulatov
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 03191
City: Lviv
Date: 1910
Format: 10х12 cm
Creator: Karol Richtman, Edmund Libanski
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Panorama, buildings, Stryiskyi park, upper terrace, exhibition
ID: 01708
City: Lviv
Date: 1965-1972
Format: 10х15 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: Kopernyka St., belfry of Holy Spirit Church, School No. 9
ID: 12459
City: Lviv
Date: 1948-1949
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Mariya Ferneza
Subject: factory
ID: 08609
City: Lviv
Date: 1963
Format: 6х9 cm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Park, alley, fountain, consruction
ID: 00320
City: Lviv
Date: 1912-1915
Format: 12x17 cm
Creator: Josef Kosciesza Jaworski
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Podwale Street with view of Royal arsenal, Dominican cathedral, Korniakt tower
ID: 01009
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1955
Format: 6x9 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject:
ID: 11253
City: Kyiv
Date: 1900-1910
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: H.S. Pshenychnyi Central State Cinema, Photo and Phono Archvive of Ukraine
Subject: educational institution, tram
ID: 00060
City: Lviv
Date: 2005
Format: Unknown
Creator: Dmytro Shoshin
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Dmytro Shoshin
Subject: Rus'ka church, the end of the Rus'ka street, Korniakt tower
ID: 02227
City: Lviv
Date: 1935-1937
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Project, church, architecture, model
The Prospect Svobody Promenade – formerly, the Hetman Ramparts – was laid in on top of the western section of the historic defensive fortifications that ringed Lviv. The walls were pulled down sometime around 1776 and put into public service of the city. In the first half of the 19th century, parallel streets were established on the eastern and western banks of the Poltva River, and landscaped in rows of poplar; the streets would one day become the boulevard that is Prospect Svobody. In the late 1880s, arched bridges spanned the gap between Maryatska Square (currently, Mickiewicz Square) and Golukhovska Square (currently, Torhova Square). Between 1888-1890, under the direction of Arnold Röhring, the area enclosing the underground river channel was planted in trees and flowerbeds.