Pl. Mytna, 2 – former st. Clarisse convent church



ID number:
12121
Title:
Pl. Mytna, 2 – former st. Clarisse convent church
City:
Description:
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Subject:
sacral building, street, square, people
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1960-1970
Format:
Unknown
Copyright:
Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 02732
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1905-1911
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Library of the Institute of Ethnology, Lviv
Subject: Czernowitz, Herz Jesu Church
ID: 00459
City: Lviv
Date: 1860-1870
Format: 10х14 cm
Creator: Teodor Shaynok
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: View on former St. John the Baptist church
ID: 02059
City: Lviv
Date: 1939
Format: 17х11 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Church, architecture, seminary, ruin, war
ID: 03550
City: Lviv
Date:
Format:
Creator:
Publisher:
Copyright:
Subject: Street, church, vicarage, wall, memorial sign
ID: 02230
City: Lviv
Date: 1938
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: T. Todorovski
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Project, church, architecture, model
ID: 02022
City: Lviv
Date: 1941-1944
Format: 15х10 cm
Creator: Ludwik Tyrowicz
Publisher: Press №1, Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Church, architecture, walls, street, transport, people
ID: 02092
City: Lviv
Date: 1895-1900
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Street, church, monastery, architecture, wall
ID: 02237
City: Lviv
Date: 1931
Format: 140х90 mm
Creator: Vavzhynets Daychak
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Project, church, architecture, graphics
ID: 02034
City: Lviv
Date: 1930-1939
Format: 14x9 cm
Creator: Leon Czechowicz
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Otko
Subject: Architecture, church, arsenal, square
The former Clarisse Order Convent (presently the Museum of J. H. Pinsel, a branch of the Lviv Art Gallery). The Clarisse Order Convent is the most noticeable feature of the lower part of Lychakivska Street. It was constructed in 1607 (by the architect P. Rymlianyn), and its interior was fixed up in the 1760’s. Over the course of 1938-1939, restoration with partial reconstruction (by the architect Y. Lobos) was conducted. As a result, the church’s architecture demonstrates a combination of Renaissance, Baroque and Art Deco forms.