24.02.2022, 5 am: Testimonies from the War
22.6.2022, 18:00 (EEST)
online / zoom
Welcome to join the presentation of the project "24.02.2022, 5 am: Testimonies from the War".
On February, 24, 2022, at 5 am, Russia declared the "special operation" and started the full-scale invasion in the territory of Ukraine, the unprecedented in Europe's post-war history campaign. As researchers, we aspire to document and take record of the human dimension of the war — how the everyday lifestyles have changed after February, 24.
On this stage of the initiative, we conduct interviews with people who were forced to flee the war and leave their houses in search for the safe place elsewhere in Ukraine or beyond. Our storytellers also include volunteers in Ukraine and in the neighboring countries. In order to cover the polyphony of experiences, the project team brought together partners from different countries.
During the presentation, we will share about the initiative, the developed methodology, and ethical and security principles of the project based on the values of human rights and dignity of storytellers. We will meet the team of interviewers in Poland. In fact, the presentation is the launch of field study of the colleagues in Poland.
The presentation will engage:
- Dr. Anna Wylegala, coordinator of the Polish track of the project, Institute of Philology and Sociology of the Polish Academy of Sciences
- Dr. Natalia Otrishchenko, coordinator of the Ukrainian track of the project, Center for Urban History
The meeting will take place online, on the zoom platform (link).
- Center for Urban History
- Institute of Philosophy and Sociology of the Polish Academy of Sciences
- Polish Society of Oral History
- St Andrews University
- Center for Contemporary and Digital History of Luxembourg University
Cover Image: George Ivanchenko, 2022 // Urban Media Archive of the Center for Urban History