"Svitiaz" pond



ID number:
07491
Title:
"Svitiaz" pond
City:
Subject:
Pond, leisure, buildings, boats, Vuletski hills
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1930-1939
Format:
17х23 сm
Copyright:
Ihor Kotlobulatov
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 03930
City: Lviv
Date: 1938-1939
Format: 15х10 cm
Creator: Adam Lenkiewicz
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Maryna Kursanova
Subject: Market, fountain, department store, trade
ID: 03509
City: Lviv
Date: 1901
Format: 9х14 сm
Creator: Josef Popel
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Pond, skating ring, buildings, people
ID: 11043
City: Skole
Date: 1920-1939
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Ihor Chudiyovych
Subject: Lake, rest
ID: 00247
City: Lviv
Date: 1968
Format: Unknown
Creator: Julian Dorosh
Publisher: Halytska Brama, Lviv
Copyright: Andriy Dorosh
Subject: Poltva, bridge over Poltva, electric poles
ID: 03284
City: Lviv
Date: 1910
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Lederer & Popper, Prague
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Park, square, fountain, sculpture
ID: 02908
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1955
Format: 10х14 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Bella Dityateva
Subject: Lake, street, technical school
ID: 06008
City: Unknown location
Date: 1930-1939
Format: Glass negative 4,5х6 cm, "Gevaert"
Creator: Adam Lenkiewicz
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Maryna Kursanova
Subject: Lakeshore, fishing tackle, artist, sketchpad, painting
ID: 08681
City: Lviv
Date: 1963
Format: 6х9 cm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Park, alley, construction, fountain
ID: 01384
City: Lviv
Date: 1863
Format: 10х14 cm
Creator: Josef Eder
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Lviv Historical Museum
Subject: Pond, military baths, boats, Pływalni Street, Poznańska hill, Citadel

 The complex covers an area bounded on the east where Sakharov Street joins Princess Olha Street; on the west by structures along Morshynska and Pryrodna Streets; on the south by a section of land belonging to the The National Forestry and Wood-Technology University of Ukraine; and by Horbachevskyi Street on the north. The main entrance faces Horbachevskyi Street, with a service entrance from the Morshynska side. The complex has two swimming pools, tennis courts, a green for “horodky” (a national game similar to lawn bowling), play areas, and a multi-purpose sport area.

The territory has been a favorite of swimmers since the beginning of the 19th century, and was named Svytiaz toward the end of the century. The facility was held in private hands until 1939; after 1945 it was transferred to the Lviv Medical Institute where its current designation - Medic - hails from. During the 1970s, the complex belonged to the Avantgarde sports club. It is currently, once again, privately-owned. A major reconstruction, designed by Yaroslav Novakivskyi, was undertaken in 1955, with renovations following in the 1990s and early 2000s.