ID number:
03523
Title:
City:
Description:
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Creator:
Publisher:
Date:
Copyright:
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 01668
City: Shchyrets
Date: 1930-1939
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Kryzhanivskyy
Subject: Church
ID: 01674
City: Shchyrets
Date: 1900-1934
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Kryzhanivskyy
Subject: Church, belltower
ID: 02098
City: Lviv
Date: 1935-1939
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Church, wood, architecture, park, people
ID: 03446
City: Lviv
Date: 1939
Format: 17х11 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Church, architecture, paintings, ruins
Chernivtsi
ID: 02731
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1930
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Leon König, Czernowitz
Copyright: Library of the Institute of Ethnology, Lviv
Subject: Cernăuţi, Church
ID: 02103
City: Lviv
Date: 1930
Format: 11х17 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Church, wood, architecture, building
ID: 01676
City: Shchyrets
Date: 1900-1934
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Kryzhanivskyy
Subject: Church, belltower
ID: 02950
City: Lviv
Date: 1946
Format: Unknown
Creator: Volodymyr Melnyk
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Melnyk
Subject: Liturgy in Saint George cathedral, the main altar, priests, people
ID: 02998
City: Lviv
Date: 1910-1914
Format: 17х11 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Church, architecture, interior
Church of the Transfiguration of Our Lord - Preobrazhenska Church (21 Krakivska Street). This sacred building is situated on a separate plot of land in the center of the city. It was constructed on the foundation of a church of the eighteenth century – a former Roman Catholic Church of the Trinity Order; its walls and other constructions that had survived the fire of 1848 were also used for the building. The main construction periods are: 1703-1731 (construction of the Roman Catholic Church of the Trinity Order), 1783 (reconstruction to serve as the University’s library) and 1875-1898 (the modern church, by the architect S. Hawryszkiewicz). In its modern condition, the architecture of the Church of the Transfiguration unites the Revival styles (Classical variant with Ukrainian sacral architecture traditions involved) with remains of Baroque and early Classicism styles (elements of the old building).