Św. Ducha Square



ID number:
03165
Title:
Św. Ducha Square
City:
Description:
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Subject:
Św. Ducha Square, ruins
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Unknown
Date:
1941
Format:
9х14 сm
Copyright:
Center for the Studies of the Liberation Movement, Lviv
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 00681
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1905-1914
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: David Gross, Czernowitz
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Franciszka Jozefa Sq., regional administration, green area, passersby
ID: 02957
City: Lviv
Date: 1952-1970
Format: Unknown
Creator: Volodymyr Melnyk
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Melnyk
Subject: Lviv railway administration on the corner of Gogolia str. and Mitskevycha str., aerial antennas for radio jamming, the old fence of Golukhovsky palace
Chernivtsi
ID: 03851
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1905-1914
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Moritz Gottlieb, Czernowitz
Copyright: Helmut Kusdat
Subject: Czernowitz, Ferdinandsplatz, police
Uzhgorod
ID: 00736
City: Uzhgorod
Date: 1900-1914
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Lévai Mór Kiadása
Copyright: Rostyslav Tatomyr
Subject: Zhupa
ID: 02538
City: Lviv
Date: 1894
Format: 26х38 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Lviv Historical Museum
Subject: Fire station
ID: 01324
City: Lviv
Date: 1900-1914
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Charnetskoho street, administrative buildings, vicegerency, people
ID: 02978
City: Lviv
Date: 1900
Format: 11х17 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Governor’s Bulwarks, Governor’s palace
ID: 03722
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1909-1914
Format: 85x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: A. Tennenbaum, Czernowitz
Copyright: Helmut Kusdat
Subject: Czernowitz, Streets, Hospital, Public Buildings, Railway Station, Theatre
ID: 03165
City: Lviv
Date: 1941
Format: 9х14 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Center for the Studies of the Liberation Movement, Lviv
Subject: Św. Ducha Square, ruins

The building situated on Teatralna street 10 was erected between 1768-1773 in the late Baroque style with some Neo-Classicist elements; it is likely that it was designed by Piotr Połejowski. According to the resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian SSR number 970 dated 24 August 1963, the house number 10 on Teatralna street was entered in the register of local architectural monuments under protection number 367. Today it is a residential house; a hostel named "Na Teatralniy" is also located there; some ground floor premises are occupied by the watch salon "Geneva", a clothing shop and a bistro.

The Jesuit church is located in the historic center of Lviv, near the former western side of the town fortifications. This is one of the biggest churches of the city, an example of a baroque and Renaissance basilica built upon the pattern of the Il Gesù church in Rome by well-known architects, sculptors, carvers and painters. According to the resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian SSR number 970 dated 23 August 1963, the Jesuit church was entered in the National list of monuments under protection number 338.

The monument to the Cossack kosh otaman was installed here in 1982. It was made by sculptor Petro Kulyk.