Aerial Photography of Stryisky Park



ID number:
03089
Title:
Aerial Photography of Stryisky Park
City:
Subject:
Park, Eastern trading, pavilions
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1921-1930
Format:
14х9 сm
Copyright:
Ihor Kotlobulatov
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 13624
City: Slavutych
Date: 1987-1988
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Lokal History Museum of Slavutych and Chornobyl NPP
Subject: city, street, building, cottage, aerial photography
ID: 13034
City: Lviv
Date: 1918-1920
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Taras Pinyazhko
Subject: city, street, avenue, aerial view, building
ID: 13664
City: Slavutych
Date: 1987-1988
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Lokal History Museum of Slavutych and Chornobyl NPP
Subject: city, street, building, quarter, aerial photography
Slavutych
ID: 13643
City: Slavutych
Date: 1987-1988
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Lokal History Museum of Slavutych and Chornobyl NPP
Subject: city, street, building, quarter, aerial photography
ID: 01335
City: Lviv
Date: 1910
Format: 6х9 cm
Creator: Edmund Libanski
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Casernes, towers, Pełczyński pond, buildings
ID: 13663
City: Slavutych
Date: 1987-1988
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Lokal History Museum of Slavutych and Chornobyl NPP
Subject: city, street, building, quarter, aerial photography
ID: 13639
City: Slavutych
Date: 1987-1988
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Lokal History Museum of Slavutych and Chornobyl NPP
Subject: city, street, building, school, aerial photography
ID: 06216
City: Lviv
Date: 1963-1964
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: CUM, outbuildings, street, detention facility
ID: 12437
City: Lviv
Date: 1975-1985
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: airport, airliner

Stryiskyi Park sits in south Lviv between Stryiska Street and the upper part of Franko Street, on a ridge where Soroka Creek had its source. Arnold Röhring – the esteemed “park inspector” of the majestic capital city of Lviv – was the architect in charge of the design of this celebrated park. Work on the territory was begun in 1887. The design of the lower terrace reflects the landscaped pleasure garden approach, while the upper terrace, equipped to host the 1894 regional Expo has a more formal structure. In Stryiskyi Park’s more than 50 hectares of woods grow maple, chestnut, alder, birch, beech, oak, sycamore, acacia, linden, pine, and other varieties of trees.

The sports premises are located in the former Racławice Panorama building, which stands close to the main alley of Stryiskyi Park's upper terrace. It was constructed in 1893 according to the design of architect Ludwik Baldwin-Ramułt, and reconstructed in 1908. In 1944 during the bombardment of Lviv, the building was severely damaged. The panorama was conserved, dismantled and kept in chests placed in the Bernardine monastery until 1946 when it was moved to Wrocław, Poland. The building was in derelict state until 1960s, when it was repaired and adapted for the needs of Lviv Polytechnic sports department.