ID number:
02474
Title:
City:
Creator:
Publisher:
Date:
Copyright:
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 00190
City: Lviv
Date: 1960
Format: Unknown
Creator: Julian Dorosh
Publisher: Halytska Brama, Lviv
Copyright: Andriy Dorosh
Subject: Stusa street, hut, car
ID: 13821
City: Prypyat'
Date: 1970-1986
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Lokal History Museum of Slavutych and Chornobyl NPP
Subject: street, city, building, apartment
ID: 09743
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1980
Format: Unknown
Creator: Vasyl Pylypjuk
Publisher: "Radianska Ukraina", Kyiv
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject:
Chernivtsi
ID: 03805
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1930-1940
Format: 120х160 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Helmut Kusdat
Subject: Cernăuţi, Streets, Shops
ID: 03394
City: Unknown location
Date: 1915
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Claudia Erdheim, Das Stetl. Galizien und Bukowina 1890–1918. Album Verlag, Wien 2008.
Copyright: Claudia Erdheim
Subject: Village, street, building
Khmelnytskyi
ID: 01449
City: Khmelnytskyi
Date: 1900-1920
Format: 15х23 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Serhiy Esiunin
Subject: Proskuriv, Jewish Quarters
ID: 12858
City: Lviv
Date: 1934
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: State Archives of Lviv Region
Subject: architecture, building, villa, functionalism
ID: 01344
City: Lviv
Date: 1863
Format: 10х14 cm
Creator: Josef Eder
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Lviv Historical Museum
Subject: Horodotska Street, prison, people
ID: 08693
City: Lviv
Date: 1963
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Street, buildings, architecture, construction, reparation, construction materials, transport, people

This four-storied residential house was constructed in 1873-1876 under a project designed by Adolf Kuhn, a Lviv architect, for princess Jadwiga Sapieha, née Zamojska, the wife of Leon Sapieha, the Galician Sejm Marshal. It was the first residential building in the Neo-Gothic style in Lviv and the largest apartment building in the city during the pre-war period. It housed newspapers editorial offices, various societies, workshops and offices. In the 1910s the building became the property of the Ossoliński institution: except apartments, the administration was located there as well as a bookstore (from 1932). The building is an architectural monument of local significance (#280).