Capuchin church and monastery in Zamarstyniv near Lviv



ID number:
02124
Title:
Capuchin church and monastery in Zamarstyniv near Lviv
City:
Subject:
Church, building, architecture
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Unknown
Date:
1928-1930
Format:
140х90 mm
Copyright:
Ihor Kotlobulatov
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 02017
City: Lviv
Date: 1900-1914
Format: 11х17 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Funeral, St. Andrew church, monastery
ID: 08087
City: Olesko
Date: 1980-1985
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Juriy Gaskevych
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Juriy Gaskevych
Subject: Street, church, architecture
ID: 02161
City: Lviv
Date: 1930-1939
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Church, building, architecture
ID: 01672
City: Shchyrets
Date: 1930
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Kryzhanivskyy
Subject: Church
ID: 01255
City: Lviv
Date: 1941-1944
Format: 140x90 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: Church, architecture, pillar of St. John of Dukla, the area
ID: 03530
City: Lviv
Date: 1908
Format: 17х12 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Church, interior, architectural details, sculpture
ID: 03736
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1905-1914
Format: 140x90 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Leon König, Czernowitz
Copyright: Helmut Kusdat
Subject: Czernowitz, Bahnhofstrasse,
ID: 02732
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1905-1911
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Library of the Institute of Ethnology, Lviv
Subject: Czernowitz, Herz Jesu Church
ID: 03543
City: Lviv
Date:
Format:
Creator:
Publisher:
Copyright:
Subject: Chapel, architectural décor, sculpture, inscriptions

The former church of St. Francis of Assisi was built in 1927-1930 under a project designed by architect Jan Sas-Zubrzycki in the Historicist style with some elements of Neo-Gothic, northern Mannerist, and early Baroque styles. The building is an architectural monument of local significance (protection number 2679).

Since the late 1980s–early 1990s the church has been used by the Redemptorist monks (the Order of the Most Holy Redeemer) of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church. In 1990 it was consecrated in the name of St. Josaphat.