Women near Old Castle ruins



ID number:
01917
Title:
Women near Old Castle ruins
City:
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1945-1955
Format:
9х14 сm
Copyright:
Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 00761
City: Lviv
Date: 1916-1918
Format: 17х12 cm
Creator: Istvan Medgyaszoy
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Monument, Military exhibit
ID: 05959
City: Lviv
Date: 1965-1970
Format: 14х7 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject:
ID: 09707
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1980
Format: Unknown
Creator: Vasyl Pylypjuk
Publisher: "Radianska Ukraina", Kyiv
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject:
ID: 00861
City: Lviv
Date: 1945-1950
Format: 14x9 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Public garden, alley, monument, sculpture, flowerbed, people
ID: 01424
City: Lviv
Date: 1914
Format: 18х13 сm
Creator: Henryk Mikolasch
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Monument, Mariacka Square, cathedral, buildings No. 8 and 9
ID: 00857
City: Lviv
Date: 1980
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Central State Kinofotofono Archive after G.S. Pshenychny
Subject: Narodnoyi hvardiyi im. I. Franka Guard street, memorial plaque
ID: 09439
City: Lviv
Date: 1943
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksadr Moskalenko
Subject: People, monument
ID: 01563
City: Lviv
Date: 1913-1918
Format: 17х11 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Monument to Smolka, Smolka square, Promotional spilchanskyy Bank
ID: 01896
City: Lviv
Date: 1901-1905
Format: 140х90 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Zakald svitlodrukiv, Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Monument to S. Jabłonowski, Łukasińskiego Street (now Nyzkyi Zamok), fence, city vegetation
A medieval fortification architecture landmark in Lviv.

An earlier wooden castle was replaced in 1362 by a stone one, of which a fragment of its southern wall has been preserved till today. In 1869 stones from the castle were used for the construction of Kopiec Unii Lubelskiej (Mound of the Union of Lublin) on top of the Lviv Castle Hill. 

Vysoky Zamok municipal park sits north of the city center, astride Lviv Castle Hill. Both park and hill take their name from the ruined fortress on the territory. Opened in 1835, the park’s landscaped hillsides are crisscrossed by a network of trails through lower and upper terraces. In the second half of the 19th century, an artificial mound was erected on the upper terrace as a marker of the Union of Lublin, and topped by a scenic viewpoint. A walkway beneath stands of ash and chestnut trees beautify the lower terrace.