Night photography of the Jan III Sobieski monument



ID number:
01567
Title:
Night photography of the Jan III Sobieski monument
City:
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1935-1939
Format:
15х10 cm
Copyright:
Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 10148
City: Lviv
Date: 1970-1980
Format: Unknown
Creator: Hryhoriy Uhrynovych
Publisher: Publishing House "Mystectvo", Kyiv
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: Monument
ID: 00059
City: Lviv
Date: 2003
Format: Unknown
Creator: Richard Gatward
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Richard Gatward
Subject: Smolka Square, monument
ID: 10387
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1980
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Publishing House "Plakat", Moscow
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject:
ID: 03230
City: Lviv
Date: 1902-1904
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Teodozy Bahrynowicz
Publisher: Stefan Wierusz Niemojowski, Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Park, street, alleys, monument, people
ID: 03793
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1890-1898
Format: 120х170 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Helmut Kusdat
Subject: Czernowitz, Ringplatz, Monument
ID: 00848
City: Lviv
Date: 1940
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Central State Kinofotofono Archive after G.S. Pshenychny
Subject: 1st of May street, monument to the Soviet Constitution, tram track, passersby
ID: 01518
City: Lviv
Date: 1895
Format: 11x17 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Stryiskyi Park, Kiliński monument, restaurant, alleys
ID: 01494
City: Lviv
Date: 1977
Format: 10х20 cm
Creator: Jevhen Derlemenko
Publisher: Publishing House "Mystectvo", Kyiv
Copyright: There are no Known Restrictions on the Usage of this Image
Subject: Monument. State Archive of the Lviv Region, Museum of Atheism, people on a guided tour
ID: 00576
City: Lviv
Date: 1860-1870
Format: 10х14 cm
Creator: Josef Eder
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Lviv Historical Museum
Subject: Monument, building, street

The grand opening of the monument to the King of Poland took place on November 20, 1898. The monument was made by the famous Lviv sculptor Tadeusz Baroncz. After World War II, in 1950, the monument was moved to Poland where for almost twenty years it was located in Wilanowski Park in Warsaw while discussion continued about its appropriate location. In 1987 the monument to Jan III Sobieski was ceremonially unveiled on Wooden Market in Gdansk.