Along the eastern end of the Lviv
fortifications’ site, where the Governor’s Ramparts once stood, lies a greenway
tucked between Pidvalna and Vynnychenka Streets. In 1821, gubernatorial
counselor Reitsenheim led the initiative to establish the greenway on the
leveled rampart slopes. In the 1850s, strong winds leveled old-growth trees in
the park; the park was later renovated with a design from municipal
horticulturist Karl Bauer.