Ruins of the Racławice Panorama



ID number:
00919
Title:
Ruins of the Racławice Panorama
City:
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1944-1970
Format:
10x15 cm
Copyright:
Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 00770
City: Lviv
Date: 1916-1918
Format: Unknown
Creator: Istvan Medgyaszoy
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Myhaylo Slobonyanyuk
Subject: Pavilion, exhibition, trenches
ID: 03564
City: Lviv
Date: 1916-1918
Format: 11х17 сm
Creator: Istvan Medgyaszoy
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Stryiskyi park, exhibition, church
ID: 01113
City: Lviv
Date: 1914-1915
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Arnold & Schlag, Lwow
Copyright: Taras Pinyazhko
Subject: Kilińskiego Park, water tower
ID: 09512
City: Lviv
Date: 1894
Format: 11х17 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Exhibition, pavilion, architecture
ID: 02532
City: Lviv
Date: 1894
Format: 16х10 сm
Creator: Edward Trzemeski
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Water tower
ID: 00614
City: Lviv
Date: 1894
Format: 150x112 mm
Creator: Edward Trzemeski
Publisher: Edward Trzemeski, Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: General Regional Exhibition, square
ID: 00608
City: Lviv
Date: 1894
Format: 110x158 mm
Creator: Edward Trzemeski
Publisher: Edward Trzemeski, Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Square, Palace of Arts, pool, visitors of exhibition
ID: 09513
City: Lviv
Date: 1894
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Edward Trzemeski
Publisher: Edward Trzemeski, Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Exhibition, pavilion, architecture
ID: 01362
City: Lviv
Date: 1877
Format: 10х15 сm
Creator: Edward Trzemeski
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Lviv Historical Museum
Subject: Exhibition, pavilion, flower-bed

The sports premises are located in the former Racławice Panorama building, which stands close to the main alley of Stryiskyi Park's upper terrace. It was constructed in 1893 according to the design of architect Ludwik Baldwin-Ramułt, and reconstructed in 1908. In 1944 during the bombardment of Lviv, the building was severely damaged. The panorama was conserved, dismantled and kept in chests placed in the Bernardine monastery until 1946 when it was moved to Wrocław, Poland. The building was in derelict state until 1960s, when it was repaired and adapted for the needs of Lviv Polytechnic sports department.