Piece of park named after Ivan Franko



ID number:
00913
Title:
Piece of park named after Ivan Franko
City:
Description:
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Subject:
I. Franko Park, alleys, trees, alcove, benches
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1964
Format:
12х18 cm
Copyright:
Mykhailo Tsimerman
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 01108
City: Lviv
Date: 1941-1944
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Taras Pinyazhko
Subject: Park, vegetation, lake
ID: 08571
City: Lviv
Date: 1962
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Park, leisure, playground, children
ID: 00509
City: Lviv
Date: 1914-1915
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Arnold & Schlag, Lwow
Copyright: Taras Pinyazhko
Subject: View of city park, central flower-bed, vase, St. George Church
ID: 02639
City: Lviv
Date: 1968
Format: 30х30 сm
Creator: Oleh Vvedenskyi
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleh Vvedenskyi
Subject: Park, panorama of the city, decorative sculpture
ID: 08883
City: Lviv
Date: 1980-1990
Format: 10x15 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject:
ID: 01235
City: Lviv
Date: 1914
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Dawid Grund, Lwow
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: park, hill, Lublin Union Mound
ID: 01272
City: Lviv
Date: 1915-1917
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Dawid Grund, Lwow
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: Stryiskyi Park, pond, restaurant
ID: 00508
City: Lviv
Date: 1916
Format: 9х14 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: The Art Gallery of Polish Artists Publishing House, Lwow
Copyright: Taras Pinyazhko
Subject: Entrance to city park, people, vase, trees
ID: 08620
City: Lviv
Date: 1963
Format: 6х9 cm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Park, alley, pavilion, decorative bins

Ivan Franko Park occupies the property located on a hillside of the Lviv Heights between Lystopadovoho Chynu and Krushelnytskoi Streets. The land was once part of an outlying monastic (Jesuit) grange, from which the name Jesuit Gardens is derived. Toward the close of the 18th century, Emperor Joseph II granted the land to Lviv townsfolk for the establishment of a municipal park. In 1855, the territory was redesigned by town horticulturist Karl Bauer as a landscaped park. The arboreal landscaping boasts a variety of species of varying ages including maples, oaks, linden, chestnut, and others.