The High Castle Park



ID number:
08883
Title:
The High Castle Park
City:
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1980-1990
Format:
10x15 cm
Copyright:
Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 13309
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1980
Format: 12 x 8 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: park, building, green, tree, flowerbed
ID: 00917
City: Lviv
Date: 1964
Format: 12x18 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Mykhailo Tsimerman
Subject: Park, leisure, children railway, railway station, track
ID: 06224
City: Lviv
Date: 1963-1964
Format: 9х6 сm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Park, fountain, sculpture, water
ID: 11801
City: Lviv
Date: 1957
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: park
ID: 11792
City: Lviv
Date: 1967
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: park
ID: 01111
City: Lviv
Date: 1914-1915
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Arnold & Schlag, Lwow
Copyright: Taras Pinyazhko
Subject: Kilińskiego Park, restaurant, monument
ID: 03168
City: Lviv
Date: 1941-1944
Format: 9х6 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: Marschallgasse, university, flower-bed, obelisk, people
ID: 03218
City: Lviv
Date: 1911-1915
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Marek Münz
Publisher: Marek Münz, Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Mountain, amusement, park
ID: 01828
City: Lviv
Date: 1951
Format: 18х24 сm
Creator: Oleh Vvedenskyi
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleh Vvedenskyi
Subject: Park, children's railway

Vysoky Zamok municipal park sits north of the city center, astride Lviv Castle Hill. Both park and hill take their name from the ruined fortress on the territory. Opened in 1835, the park’s landscaped hillsides are crisscrossed by a network of trails through lower and upper terraces. In the second half of the 19th century, an artificial mound was erected on the upper terrace as a marker of the Union of Lublin, and topped by a scenic viewpoint. A walkway beneath stands of ash and chestnut trees beautify the lower terrace.