Lion monument in the High Castle park



ID number:
08860
Title:
Lion monument in the High Castle park
City:
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1970-1980
Format:
14x9 cm
Copyright:
Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 12761
City: Lviv
Date: 1980-2000
Format: Unknown
Creator: Tanas Nykyforuk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: building, architecture, secession, mask
ID: 00735
City: Uzhgorod
Date: 1938-1943
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Barasits, Budapest
Copyright: Rostyslav Tatomyr
Subject: Сastle
ID: 12782
City: Lviv
Date: 1980-2000
Format: Unknown
Creator: Tanas Nykyforuk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: building, architecture, secession, mask
ID: 00236
City: Lviv
Date: 1960
Format: Unknown
Creator: Julian Dorosh
Publisher: Halytska Brama, Lviv
Copyright: Andriy Dorosh
Subject: Mazurivka, garage, painted gate
ID: 12670
City: Lviv
Date: 1970-1990
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: building, architecture, secession
ID: 12684
City: Lviv
Date: 1970-1990
Format: Unknown
Creator: Tanas Nykyforuk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: building, architecture, secession
ID: 12753
City: Lviv
Date: 1980-2000
Format: Unknown
Creator: Tanas Nykyforuk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: building, architecture, secession, mask
ID: 08989
City: Lviv
Date: 1975-1980
Format: 15х10 cm
Creator: Juriy Gaskevych
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Gaskevych
Subject: Monastery, architecture, architectural details
ID: 09724
City: Lviv
Date: 1960-1980
Format: Unknown
Creator: R. Yakymenko
Publisher: "Radianska Ukraina", Kyiv
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: Olesky castle, architectural monument.

Vysoky Zamok municipal park sits north of the city center, astride Lviv Castle Hill. Both park and hill take their name from the ruined fortress on the territory. Opened in 1835, the park’s landscaped hillsides are crisscrossed by a network of trails through lower and upper terraces. In the second half of the 19th century, an artificial mound was erected on the upper terrace as a marker of the Union of Lublin, and topped by a scenic viewpoint. A walkway beneath stands of ash and chestnut trees beautify the lower terrace.