Alley in Vysokyi Zamok park in winter time



ID number:
07887
Title:
Alley in Vysokyi Zamok park in winter time
City:
Subject:
Park, alley, winter, benches
Creator:
Illya Pavlyk
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1950-1955
Format:
10×14,5 cm
Copyright:
Oleksandr Korobov
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 09460
City: Lviv
Date: 1947
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksadr Moskalenko
Subject: Park, people, leisure
ID: 08760
City: Lviv
Date: 1963-1964
Format: 6х9 cm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Park, architectural elements, ruins
ID: 11865
City: Lviv
Date: 1957-1965
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject:
ID: 08363
City: Lviv
Date: 1935-1939
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Park, flowerbed, greenery, people
ID: 09427
City: Lviv
Date: 1960
Format: 15х10 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksadr Moskalenko
Subject: Park, source, leisure
ID: 05894
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1955
Format: 10x15 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject:
ID: 01272
City: Lviv
Date: 1915-1917
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Dawid Grund, Lwow
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: Stryiskyi Park, pond, restaurant
ID: 11262
City: Kyiv
Date: 1900-1917
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: H.S. Pshenychnyi Central State Cinema, Photo and Phono Archvive of Ukraine
Subject: parl, people
ID: 00908
City: Lviv
Date: 1964
Format: 18х12 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Mykhailo Tsimerman
Subject: Stryiskyi Park, alley, benches, people

Vysoky Zamok municipal park sits north of the city center, astride Lviv Castle Hill. Both park and hill take their name from the ruined fortress on the territory. Opened in 1835, the park’s landscaped hillsides are crisscrossed by a network of trails through lower and upper terraces. In the second half of the 19th century, an artificial mound was erected on the upper terrace as a marker of the Union of Lublin, and topped by a scenic viewpoint. A walkway beneath stands of ash and chestnut trees beautify the lower terrace.