Lion monument in the High Castle park



ID number:
05914
Title:
Lion monument in the High Castle park
City:
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1950
Format:
7,5х7,5 cm
Copyright:
Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 03941
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1960
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Mariya Ferneza
Subject: Sryiskyi park, monument, greenhouse, flowerbed, people
ID: 11906
City: Lviv
Date: 1965-1975
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject:
ID: 08565
City: Lviv
Date: 1963
Format: 6х9 cm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Park, alley, fountain, sculpture, construction, people
ID: 11844
City: Lviv
Date: 01.05.1959
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: park
ID: 11813
City: Lviv
Date: 1959
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: park
ID: 11867
City: Lviv
Date: 1957-1964
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject:
ID: 07908
City: Lviv
Date: 1953-1954
Format: 15х10 cm
Creator: Illya Pavlyk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksandr Korobov
Subject: Park, flowerbed, flower portrait of Ivan Franko, first gradesrs
ID: 07885
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1953
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Illya Pavlyk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksandr Korobov
Subject: Park, holiday, children, people
ID: 02956
City: Lviv
Date: 1953
Format: Unknown
Creator: Volodymyr Melnyk
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Melnyk
Subject: Mourning, demonstration, park of culture and rest, Stalin monument

Vysoky Zamok municipal park sits north of the city center, astride Lviv Castle Hill. Both park and hill take their name from the ruined fortress on the territory. Opened in 1835, the park’s landscaped hillsides are crisscrossed by a network of trails through lower and upper terraces. In the second half of the 19th century, an artificial mound was erected on the upper terrace as a marker of the Union of Lublin, and topped by a scenic viewpoint. A walkway beneath stands of ash and chestnut trees beautify the lower terrace.