St. Lazarus church



ID number:
03545
Title:
St. Lazarus church
City:
Description:
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Polish
Subject:
Kopernika St., St. Lazarus church, well, sculptures
Creator:
Publisher:
Date:
Copyright:
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 03071
City: Lviv
Date: 1930-1939
Format: 9х6 сm
Creator: Jan Otko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Otko
Subject: Square, church
ID: 08086
City: Olesko
Date: 1980-1985
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Juriy Gaskevych
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Juriy Gaskevych
Subject: Street, church, monastery, architecture, sculpture
ID: 02042
City: Lviv
Date: 1930-1939
Format: 14x9 cm
Creator: Jan Otko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Otko
Subject: God's body church and Dominican monastery, Pidvalna street, royal arsenal, public garden, Пovernor shaft
ID: 02017
City: Lviv
Date: 1900-1914
Format: 11х17 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Funeral, St. Andrew church, monastery
ID: 03211
City: Lviv
Date: 1901-1905
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Zaklad swiatlodrukow, Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Discalced Carmelites church, parish house, street
ID: 02370
City: Lviv
Date: 1837
Format: 16,4х23,7 сm; 22,2х28,5 сm
Creator: Karl Auer
Publisher: Piotr Piller, Lemberg
Copyright: Oleh Vvedenskyi
Subject: Bernardine Church, tower, monastery
ID: 00586
City: Lviv
Date: 1860-1870
Format: 10х14 cm
Creator: Josef Eder
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Lviv Historical Museum
Subject: St. Marcin church, wall
ID: 01263
City: Lviv
Date: 1941-1944
Format: 150x100 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: "Ksiaznica-Atlas", Lwow
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: Horodotska Street, Yanivska Street, St. Anne church, figure of St. Jan Nepomuk
ID: 02732
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1905-1911
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Library of the Institute of Ethnology, Lviv
Subject: Czernowitz, Herz Jesu Church
St. Lasarus’ Roman Catholic Church with the hospital buildings was constructed beyond the limits of the city fortifications to the south of the Lviv historic center. It is located on the northern slopes of the so-called Kalicha Mountain on a plot of land separated by walls from Copernicus and Grabovskoho Streets. The building has a distinct defensive character. The main dates of the construction chronology include 1634 (construction works were headed by the architects J. Boni and A. Prykhylnyi), 1640 (building expansion by the architect M. Hodnyi) and 1781-1782 (reconstruction of the hospital by the architect F. Grill). The architecture of the church has Renaissance features combined with Gothic elements (the shape of the windows).