Church of St. Michael the Archangel



ID number:
02191
Title:
Church of St. Michael the Archangel
City:
Description:
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Subject:
Holushovksa hill, church, carriers
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Stefan Wierusz Niemojowski, Lwow
Date:
1904
Format:
140х90 mm
Copyright:
Ihor Kotlobulatov
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 02041
City: Lviv
Date: 1930-1939
Format: 14x9 cm
Creator: Jan Otko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Otko
Subject: Night view of Dominican church of God's body
ID: 01258
City: Lviv
Date: 1941-1944
Format: 150х100 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: "Ksiaznica-Atlas", Lwow
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: St. Mary Magdalene Church
ID: 02226
City: Lviv
Date: 1935-1938
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Antoni Lobos
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Project, church, architecture, graphics
ID: 03068
City: Lviv
Date: 1938
Format: 14,5х10,5 сm
Creator: Adam Lenkiewicz
Publisher: "Ksiaznica-Atlas", Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Teatralna Street, Latin Cathedral
ID: 02022
City: Lviv
Date: 1941-1944
Format: 15х10 cm
Creator: Ludwik Tyrowicz
Publisher: Press №1, Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Church, architecture, walls, street, transport, people
ID: 03543
City: Lviv
Date:
Format:
Creator:
Publisher:
Copyright:
Subject: Chapel, architectural décor, sculpture, inscriptions
ID: 02064
City: Lviv
Date: 1932-1939
Format: 14x9 cm
Creator: Leon Czechowicz
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Otko
Subject: St. Elizabeth church, interior, main altar
ID: 03545
City: Lviv
Date:
Format:
Creator:
Publisher:
Copyright:
Subject: Kopernika St., St. Lazarus church, well, sculptures
ID: 01969
City: Lviv
Date: 1926
Format: 140х90 mm
Creator: Jan Bulhak
Publisher: "Ruch", Lwow
Copyright: Andriy Otko
Subject: Church, fasade, public garden, St. Jan from Dukla column
The former Barefoot Carmelite Roman Catholic Church (presently St. Michael Church, 20 Vynnychenka Street) is a Baroque construction. The church was constructed on a hill beyond the limits of the old defensive walls. Together with the cells buildings and the defensive wall standing along the driveway of Prosvity and Vynnychenka Streets, the church forms a single architectural ensemble that over the course of the seventeenth-eighteenth centuries had a defensive purpose protecting the city from the east. The main construction chronology dates connected with this object are 1634 (erecting the main section of the building, by the architect Ya. Pokorovych), the second half of the seventeenth century (adding the defensive walls, by the engineer J. Berens), the seventeenth-eighteenth centuries (monastery complex), 1835-1839 (construction of a bell tower, by the architect A. Vondrashka) and 1906 (erection of a bell tower and restoration, by the architect V. Halytskyi).