View of destroyed by Nazi bomb seminary church of Holy Spirit



ID number:
02059
Title:
View of destroyed by Nazi bomb seminary church of Holy Spirit
City:
Subject:
Church, architecture, seminary, ruin, war
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Unknown
Date:
1939
Format:
17х11 cm
Copyright:
Juriy Zaverbnyj
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 02868
City: Brody
Date: 1925
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: "Akropol", Krakow
Copyright: Library of the Institute of Ethnology, Lviv
Subject: Church, cemetary, Koniecpolski family
ID: 08086
City: Olesko
Date: 1980-1985
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Juriy Gaskevych
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Juriy Gaskevych
Subject: Street, church, monastery, architecture, sculpture
ID: 02671
City: Lviv
Date: 1924-1926
Format: 150х100 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Museum of Ancient Handwritten Ukrainian Book Art LAG
Subject: Church of the Missionaries of St. Wojciech the Bishop and Martyr
ID: 03736
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1905-1914
Format: 140x90 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Leon König, Czernowitz
Copyright: Helmut Kusdat
Subject: Czernowitz, Bahnhofstrasse,
ID: 03212
City: Lviv
Date: 1930-1939
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Juliusz Rodkowski
Publisher: Printing House "Narodowa", Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Carmelite sisters' monastery and church, street, tram line, transport
ID: 12121
City: Lviv
Date: 1960-1970
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: sacral building, street, square, people
ID: 03545
City: Lviv
Date:
Format:
Creator:
Publisher:
Copyright:
Subject: Kopernika St., St. Lazarus church, well, sculptures
ID: 01969
City: Lviv
Date: 1926
Format: 140х90 mm
Creator: Jan Bulhak
Publisher: "Ruch", Lwow
Copyright: Andriy Otko
Subject: Church, fasade, public garden, St. Jan from Dukla column
ID: 01639
City: Shchyrets
Date: 1900-1939
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Andriy Kryzhanivskyy
Subject: Church, square
The bell tower of the former Church of the Holy Spirit (presently the Museum of "Rusalka Dnistrova," a branch of the Lviv Art Gallery). The tower served as a bell tower of a former seminary’s Greek Catholic Church of the Holy Spirit, which was rebuilt in the nineteenth century from the Baroque Roman Catholic Church of the Barefoot Carmelites; the latter was erected in 1729. The church was destroyed during the Second World War and only its bell tower has been preserved. In 1987, museum premises were added on the west.

The creators of the monument to Markian Shashkewych were famous Lvivan sculptors Dmytro Krvavych and Mykola Posikira. The grand opening of the monument took place on September 15, 1990 on Copernicus Street, at the site of the ruined seminary Church of the Holy Spirit.