Stryiskyi park



ID number:
01910
Title:
Stryiskyi park
City:
Subject:
Kilinskiego park, monument, flowerbed, leisure, people
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Leopold Weisz, Budapest
Date:
1908
Format:
90x140 mm
Copyright:
Ihor Kotlobulatov
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 08029
City: Lviv
Date: 1955-1960
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Illya Pavlyk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksandr Korobov
Subject: Park, house, gardener
ID: 03449
City: Lviv
Date: 1941-1944
Format: 14х9 sm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: Officer, park, flowerbed, Marschalstrasse
ID: 10657
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1980
Format: Unknown
Creator: R. Yakymenko
Publisher: R. Yakymenko
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: Park, pond, orangery
ID: 11877
City: Lviv
Date: 1964-1970
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: park
ID: 03537
City: Lviv
Date:
Format:
Creator:
Publisher:
Copyright:
Subject: Mountain, amusement park, rides, restaurant, panorama
ID: 02839
City: Lviv
Date: 1937
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Rene Stivens
Subject: Kościuszko Park, Gołuchowski monument, children on sleighs
ID: 09214
City: Lviv
Date: 1975-1980
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Juriy Gaskevych
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Gaskevych
Subject: Park, alley, buildings
ID: 11837
City: Lviv
Date: 1965-1972
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: street, winter activities
ID: 01117
City: Lviv
Date: 1916
Format: 90×140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Sztuka, Krakow
Copyright: Taras Pinyazhko
Subject: Monument, park, advertizement stand, Trzeciego Maja Street

The monument to this participant in the uprising led by Tadeusz Kosciuszko was established on the initiative of Lviv craftsmen. The monument was designed by architect Julian Zachariewicz (1888) and made by sculptor Julian Markowski. It was established in 1895.

Stryiskyi Park sits in south Lviv between Stryiska Street and the upper part of Franko Street, on a ridge where Soroka Creek had its source. Arnold Röhring – the esteemed “park inspector” of the majestic capital city of Lviv – was the architect in charge of the design of this celebrated park. Work on the territory was begun in 1887. The design of the lower terrace reflects the landscaped pleasure garden approach, while the upper terrace, equipped to host the 1894 regional Expo has a more formal structure. In Stryiskyi Park’s more than 50 hectares of woods grow maple, chestnut, alder, birch, beech, oak, sycamore, acacia, linden, pine, and other varieties of trees.