Stryiskyi park



ID number:
01906
Title:
Stryiskyi park
City:
Subject:
Kilinski park, monument to Kilinski, alleys, flowerbed
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Jan Bromilski, Lwow
Date:
1904-1910
Format:
90x140 mm
Copyright:
Ihor Kotlobulatov
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 03325
City: Truskavec
Date: 1936
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: "Sztuka", Krakow
Copyright: Library of the Institute of Ethnology, Lviv
Subject: Resort, park, club
ID: 05757
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1955
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject:
ID: 08747
City: Lviv
Date: 1963
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Park, greenhouse, buildings, architecture
ID: 08737
City: Lviv
Date: 1956
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Park, alley, architecture, leisure
ID: 11793
City: Lviv
Date: 08.05.1967
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: park
ID: 02967
City: Lviv
Date: 1946-1950
Format: Unknown
Creator: Volodymyr Melnyk
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Melnyk
Subject: Stryiskyi park, alley, promenade, people
ID: 11819
City: Lviv
Date: 1964-1970
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: park
ID: 08760
City: Lviv
Date: 1963-1964
Format: 6х9 cm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Park, architectural elements, ruins
ID: 13309
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1980
Format: 12 x 8 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: park, building, green, tree, flowerbed

The monument to this participant in the uprising led by Tadeusz Kosciuszko was established on the initiative of Lviv craftsmen. The monument was designed by architect Julian Zachariewicz (1888) and made by sculptor Julian Markowski. It was established in 1895.

Stryiskyi Park sits in south Lviv between Stryiska Street and the upper part of Franko Street, on a ridge where Soroka Creek had its source. Arnold Röhring – the esteemed “park inspector” of the majestic capital city of Lviv – was the architect in charge of the design of this celebrated park. Work on the territory was begun in 1887. The design of the lower terrace reflects the landscaped pleasure garden approach, while the upper terrace, equipped to host the 1894 regional Expo has a more formal structure. In Stryiskyi Park’s more than 50 hectares of woods grow maple, chestnut, alder, birch, beech, oak, sycamore, acacia, linden, pine, and other varieties of trees.