Stryiskyi Park

ID number:
Stryiskyi Park
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Park, Monument to Jan Kiliński, alleys, pond
Tecza, Lwow
90х140 mm
Taras Pinyazhko

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.


ID: 00183
City: Lviv
Date: 1960
Format: Unknown
Creator: Julian Dorosh
Publisher: Halytska Brama, Lviv
Copyright: Andriy Dorosh
Subject: Poltva strait in Sofiyivka
ID: 02956
City: Lviv
Date: 1953
Format: Unknown
Creator: Volodymyr Melnyk
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Melnyk
Subject: Mourning, demonstration, park of culture and rest, Stalin monument
ID: 02527
City: Lviv
Date: 1894
Format: 30х40 cm
Creator: Franciszek Rychnowski
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Lviv Historical Museum
Subject: "Governor's Bulwarks", Governor's Palace, tram, road construction works
ID: 07887
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1955
Format: 10×14,5 cm
Creator: Illya Pavlyk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksandr Korobov
Subject: Park, alley, winter, benches
ID: 03449
City: Lviv
Date: 1941-1944
Format: 14х9 sm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: Officer, park, flowerbed, Marschalstrasse
ID: 02839
City: Lviv
Date: 1937
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Rene Stivens
Subject: Kościuszko Park, Gołuchowski monument, children on sleighs
ID: 11792
City: Lviv
Date: 1967
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: park
ID: 01228
City: Lviv
Date: 1914
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Dawid Grund, Lwow
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: City Park, alleys, Gołuchowski monument
ID: 00188
City: Lviv
Date: Post-War period, Communist Rule (1946-1990)
Format: Unknown
Creator: Julian Dorosh
Publisher: Halytska Brama, Lviv
Copyright: Andriy Dorosh
Subject: Creek, Ternopilska Street, Academician Hrabovetskyi, remnants of a wall

The monument to this participant in the uprising led by Tadeusz Kosciuszko was established on the initiative of Lviv craftsmen. The monument was designed by architect Julian Zachariewicz (1888) and made by sculptor Julian Markowski. It was established in 1895.

Stryiskyi Park sits in south Lviv between Stryiska Street and the upper part of Franko Street, on a ridge where Soroka Creek had its source. Arnold Röhring – the esteemed “park inspector” of the majestic capital city of Lviv – was the architect in charge of the design of this celebrated park. Work on the territory was begun in 1887. The design of the lower terrace reflects the landscaped pleasure garden approach, while the upper terrace, equipped to host the 1894 regional Expo has a more formal structure. In Stryiskyi Park’s more than 50 hectares of woods grow maple, chestnut, alder, birch, beech, oak, sycamore, acacia, linden, pine, and other varieties of trees.