Monument to Gołuchowski and "Post-Jesuit" Garden



ID number:
01891
Title:
Monument to Gołuchowski and "Post-Jesuit" Garden
City:
Subject:
Gołuchowski monument, I. Franko Park
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
"Sztuka", Krakow
Date:
1916-1917
Format:
90х140 mm
Copyright:
Taras Pinyazhko
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 01889
City: Lviv
Date: 1947
Format: 13х9 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: Kościuszko Park, Monument to Count Agenor Gołuchowski, military man, young women
ID: 00761
City: Lviv
Date: 1916-1918
Format: 17х12 cm
Creator: Istvan Medgyaszoy
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Monument, Military exhibit
ID: 01974
City: Lviv
Date: 1920-1939
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Horodotska and Janowska streets, St. Anna church, St. Jan Nepomuka statue
ID: 12104
City: Lviv
Date: 1960-1975
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: people, school, children, schoolchildren, monument, portrait
ID: 09357
City: Lviv
Date: 1942
Format: 150х100 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Oleksadr Moskalenko
Subject: Monument, square
ID: 01980
City: Lviv
Date: 1938-1939
Format: 15х10 сm
Creator: Witold Romer
Publisher: "Ksiaznica-Atlas", Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Ossolineum, green area, Our Lady statue
ID: 10144
City: Lviv
Date: 1970-1980
Format: Unknown
Creator: Hryhoriy Uhrynovych
Publisher: Publishing House "Mystectvo", Kyiv
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: Monument, Yaroslav Halan
ID: 03551
City: Lviv
Date:
Format:
Creator:
Publisher:
Copyright:
Subject: Memorial sign
ID: 09731
City: Lviv
Date: 1970-1980
Format: Unknown
Creator: R. Yakymenko
Publisher: "Radianska Ukraina", Kyiv
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: Monument, Dominican church, museum of the history of religion and atheism, St. Onufriy church, Ivan Fedorov museum

Ivan Franko Park occupies the property located on a hillside of the Lviv Heights between Lystopadovoho Chynu and Krushelnytskoi Streets. The land was once part of an outlying monastic (Jesuit) grange, from which the name Jesuit Gardens is derived. Toward the close of the 18th century, Emperor Joseph II granted the land to Lviv townsfolk for the establishment of a municipal park. In 1855, the territory was redesigned by town horticulturist Karl Bauer as a landscaped park. The arboreal landscaping boasts a variety of species of varying ages including maples, oaks, linden, chestnut, and others.

A monument to this Polish and Austrian politician, the governor of Galicia, was opened on 28 June 1901. It was designed by Paris-based Polish sculptor Cyprian Godebski. After the Second World War the monument disappeared under unknown circumstances; today a decorative vase is installed in its place.