Tree Boughs Pruned in Wintertime



ID number:
00161
Title:
Tree Boughs Pruned in Wintertime
City:
Description:
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Subject:
Carts, trees pruned, Gunpowder Tower, Carmelites Church
Creator:
Julian Dorosh
Publisher:
Unknown
Date:
1950-1960
Format:
Unknown
Copyright:
Andriy Dorosh
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 01674
City: Shchyrets
Date: 1900-1934
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Kryzhanivskyy
Subject: Church, belltower
ID: 03307
City: Truskavec
Date: 1932
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: "Ruch", Lwow
Copyright: Library of the Institute of Ethnology, Lviv
Subject: Bandery Street, church
Chernivtsi
ID: 02731
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1930
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Leon König, Czernowitz
Copyright: Library of the Institute of Ethnology, Lviv
Subject: Cernăuţi, Church
ID: 02200
City: Lviv
Date: 1908-1910
Format: 140х90 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: "Rusalka", Hrygorij Ganuliak
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Street, monastery, architecture
ID: 01636
City: Shchyrets
Date: 1920-1930
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Andriy Kryzhanivskyy
Subject: Church
ID: 02993
City: Lviv
Date: 1920-1939
Format: 15х10 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Church, belfry
ID: 01664
City: Shchyrets
Date: 1934-1939
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Kryzhanivskyy
Subject: Church
ID: 03522
City: Lviv
Date: 1910
Format: 40х30 cm
Creator: Teodozy Bahrynowicz
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Teatralna St., Skarbkowska St., church, city greenery, people
ID: 02245
City: Lviv
Date: 1908-1914
Format: 140х90 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Hryhoriy Hanuliak, Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Church, street, fence, buildings, lantern, people
The former Barefoot Carmelite Roman Catholic Church (presently St. Michael Church, 20 Vynnychenka Street) is a Baroque construction. The church was constructed on a hill beyond the limits of the old defensive walls. Together with the cells buildings and the defensive wall standing along the driveway of Prosvity and Vynnychenka Streets, the church forms a single architectural ensemble that over the course of the seventeenth-eighteenth centuries had a defensive purpose protecting the city from the east. The main construction chronology dates connected with this object are 1634 (erecting the main section of the building, by the architect Ya. Pokorovych), the second half of the seventeenth century (adding the defensive walls, by the engineer J. Berens), the seventeenth-eighteenth centuries (monastery complex), 1835-1839 (construction of a bell tower, by the architect A. Vondrashka) and 1906 (erection of a bell tower and restoration, by the architect V. Halytskyi).
Along the eastern end of the Lviv fortifications’ site, where the Governor’s Ramparts once stood, lies a greenway tucked between Pidvalna and Vynnychenka Streets. In 1821, gubernatorial counselor Reitsenheim led the initiative to establish the greenway on the leveled rampart slopes. In the 1850s, strong winds leveled old-growth trees in the park; the park was later renovated with a design from municipal horticulturist Karl Bauer.