Vysokyi Zamok Park

ID number:
Vysokyi Zamok Park
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Unpublished resources
Juriy Vdovenko

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.


ID: 03317
City: Truskavec
Date: 1930
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: "Sztuka", Krakow
Copyright: Library of the Institute of Ethnology, Lviv
Subject: Resort, park, gallery
ID: 03745
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1910-1914
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: B & P, Prague
Copyright: Helmut Kusdat
Subject: Czernowitz, Riflemen’s avenue, Volksgarten
ID: 05914
City: Lviv
Date: 1950
Format: 7,5х7,5 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
ID: 02839
City: Lviv
Date: 1937
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Rene Stivens
Subject: Kościuszko Park, Gołuchowski monument, children on sleighs
ID: 00917
City: Lviv
Date: 1964
Format: 12x18 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Mykhailo Tsimerman
Subject: Park, leisure, children railway, railway station, track
ID: 03185
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1960
Format: 17х17 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Mykhailo Tsimerman
Subject: Stryiskyi Park, railway tracks, water tower
ID: 00188
City: Lviv
Date: Post-War period, Communist Rule (1946-1990)
Format: Unknown
Creator: Julian Dorosh
Publisher: Halytska Brama, Lviv
Copyright: Andriy Dorosh
Subject: Creek, Ternopilska Street, Academician Hrabovetskyi, remnants of a wall
ID: 07996
City: Lviv
Date: 1960-1965
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Illya Pavlyk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksandr Korobov
Subject: Park, pond, greenery, entrance
ID: 11803
City: Lviv
Date: 1957-1965
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: park

Vysoky Zamok municipal park sits north of the city center, astride Lviv Castle Hill. Both park and hill take their name from the ruined fortress on the territory. Opened in 1835, the park’s landscaped hillsides are crisscrossed by a network of trails through lower and upper terraces. In the second half of the 19th century, an artificial mound was erected on the upper terrace as a marker of the Union of Lublin, and topped by a scenic viewpoint. A walkway beneath stands of ash and chestnut trees beautify the lower terrace.