Stryjskyj Park

ID number:
Stryjskyj Park
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Unpublished resources
Juriy Vdovenko

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.


ID: 02527
City: Lviv
Date: 1894
Format: 30х40 cm
Creator: Franciszek Rychnowski
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Lviv Historical Museum
Subject: "Governor's Bulwarks", Governor's Palace, tram, road construction works
ID: 08567
City: Lviv
Date: 1963-1964
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Park, leisure, alley, flowerbed, people
ID: 03902
City: Lviv
Date: 1955-1960
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Leonid Zapadenko
Subject: Park, pond, city greenery, people
ID: 01828
City: Lviv
Date: 1951
Format: 18х24 сm
Creator: Oleh Vvedenskyi
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleh Vvedenskyi
Subject: Park, children's railway
ID: 00903
City: Lviv
Date: 1956
Format: Unknown
Creator: K. Myshka
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Central State Kinofotofono Archive after G.S. Pshenychny
Subject: House of the Little One, pond, isle, bridge, decorative sculpture
ID: 03325
City: Truskavec
Date: 1936
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: "Sztuka", Krakow
Copyright: Library of the Institute of Ethnology, Lviv
Subject: Resort, park, club
ID: 08883
City: Lviv
Date: 1980-1990
Format: 10x15 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
ID: 01272
City: Lviv
Date: 1915-1917
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Dawid Grund, Lwow
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: Stryiskyi Park, pond, restaurant
ID: 11867
City: Lviv
Date: 1957-1964
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko

Stryiskyi Park sits in south Lviv between Stryiska Street and the upper part of Franko Street, on a ridge where Soroka Creek had its source. Arnold Röhring – the esteemed “park inspector” of the majestic capital city of Lviv – was the architect in charge of the design of this celebrated park. Work on the territory was begun in 1887. The design of the lower terrace reflects the landscaped pleasure garden approach, while the upper terrace, equipped to host the 1894 regional Expo has a more formal structure. In Stryiskyi Park’s more than 50 hectares of woods grow maple, chestnut, alder, birch, beech, oak, sycamore, acacia, linden, pine, and other varieties of trees.