High Castle Park



ID number:
11867
Title:
High Castle Park
City:
Creator:
Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1957-1964
Format:
Unknown
Copyright:
Juriy Vdovenko
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 13777
City: Lviv
Date: 1941
Format: Unknown
Creator: Wilhelm Demmer
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Dietrich Demmer
Subject: park, street, people, green, tree
ID: 01283
City: Lviv
Date: 1918
Format: 8х11 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Kościuszko Park, trees, buildings
ID: 03449
City: Lviv
Date: 1941-1944
Format: 14х9 sm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: Officer, park, flowerbed, Marschalstrasse
ID: 02967
City: Lviv
Date: 1946-1950
Format: Unknown
Creator: Volodymyr Melnyk
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Melnyk
Subject: Stryiskyi park, alley, promenade, people
ID: 09461
City: Lviv
Date: 1956
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksadr Moskalenko
Subject: Park, people, leisure
ID: 02956
City: Lviv
Date: 1953
Format: Unknown
Creator: Volodymyr Melnyk
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Melnyk
Subject: Mourning, demonstration, park of culture and rest, Stalin monument
ID: 11837
City: Lviv
Date: 1965-1972
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: street, winter activities
ID: 11825
City: Lviv
Date: 05.10.1956
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: park, building
ID: 09317
City: Lviv
Date: 1956-1958
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Oleksadr Moskalenko
Subject: Park, people, leisure

Vysoky Zamok municipal park sits north of the city center, astride Lviv Castle Hill. Both park and hill take their name from the ruined fortress on the territory. Opened in 1835, the park’s landscaped hillsides are crisscrossed by a network of trails through lower and upper terraces. In the second half of the 19th century, an artificial mound was erected on the upper terrace as a marker of the Union of Lublin, and topped by a scenic viewpoint. A walkway beneath stands of ash and chestnut trees beautify the lower terrace.