Stryjskyj Park



ID number:
11831
Title:
Stryjskyj Park
City:
Description:
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Subject:
park
Creator:
Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
07.09.1958
Format:
Unknown
Copyright:
Juriy Vdovenko
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 09452
City: Lviv
Date: 1938
Format: 15х10 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksadr Moskalenko
Subject: Park, people, leisure
ID: 08567
City: Lviv
Date: 1963-1964
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Park, leisure, alley, flowerbed, people
ID: 11906
City: Lviv
Date: 1965-1975
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject:
ID: 11870
City: Lviv
Date: 1957-1964
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: park
ID: 01235
City: Lviv
Date: 1914
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Dawid Grund, Lwow
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: park, hill, Lublin Union Mound
ID: 11829
City: Lviv
Date: 08.05.1967
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: park
ID: 00909
City: Lviv
Date: 1964
Format: 12х18 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Mykhailo Tsimerman
Subject: Park, alleys, green growth, people, benches
ID: 05914
City: Lviv
Date: 1950
Format: 7,5х7,5 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject:
ID: 11921
City: Lviv
Date: 08.10.1967
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: park

Stryiskyi Park sits in south Lviv between Stryiska Street and the upper part of Franko Street, on a ridge where Soroka Creek had its source. Arnold Röhring – the esteemed “park inspector” of the majestic capital city of Lviv – was the architect in charge of the design of this celebrated park. Work on the territory was begun in 1887. The design of the lower terrace reflects the landscaped pleasure garden approach, while the upper terrace, equipped to host the 1894 regional Expo has a more formal structure. In Stryiskyi Park’s more than 50 hectares of woods grow maple, chestnut, alder, birch, beech, oak, sycamore, acacia, linden, pine, and other varieties of trees.