Vysokyi Zamok Park

ID number:
Vysokyi Zamok Park
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Unpublished resources
Juriy Vdovenko

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.


ID: 07885
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1953
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Illya Pavlyk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksandr Korobov
Subject: Park, holiday, children, people
ID: 02529
City: Lviv
Date: 1900-1914
Format: 21х29,5 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Lviv Historical Museum
Subject: Kiliński Park, restaurant
ID: 02956
City: Lviv
Date: 1953
Format: Unknown
Creator: Volodymyr Melnyk
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Melnyk
Subject: Mourning, demonstration, park of culture and rest, Stalin monument
ID: 11816
City: Lviv
Date: 1957-1965
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: park
ID: 09466
City: Lviv
Date: 1960-1970
Format: 15х10 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksadr Moskalenko
Subject: Park, people, rest
ID: 01102
City: Lviv
Date: 1900-1939
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Taras Pinyazhko
Subject: Stryiskyi Park, ruins of a castle, alley
ID: 08737
City: Lviv
Date: 1956
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Park, alley, architecture, leisure
ID: 00915
City: Lviv
Date: 1964-1965
Format: 12х18 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Mykhailo Tsimerman
Subject: Park, leisure, theater, rides
ID: 01220
City: Lviv
Date: 1915
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: The Art Gallery of Polish Artists Publishing House, Krakow
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: Kiliński Park, pond, orangery

Vysoky Zamok municipal park sits north of the city center, astride Lviv Castle Hill. Both park and hill take their name from the ruined fortress on the territory. Opened in 1835, the park’s landscaped hillsides are crisscrossed by a network of trails through lower and upper terraces. In the second half of the 19th century, an artificial mound was erected on the upper terrace as a marker of the Union of Lublin, and topped by a scenic viewpoint. A walkway beneath stands of ash and chestnut trees beautify the lower terrace.