Vysokyi Zamok Park



ID number:
11829
Title:
Vysokyi Zamok Park
City:
Description:
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Subject:
park
Creator:
Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
08.05.1967
Format:
Unknown
Copyright:
Juriy Vdovenko
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 11878
City: Lviv
Date: 1957-1964
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: park
ID: 03739
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1898
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Leon König, Czernowitz
Copyright: Helmut Kusdat
Subject: Czernowitz, Park, People
ID: 11792
City: Lviv
Date: 1967
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: park
ID: 01111
City: Lviv
Date: 1914-1915
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Arnold & Schlag, Lwow
Copyright: Taras Pinyazhko
Subject: Kilińskiego Park, restaurant, monument
ID: 00903
City: Lviv
Date: 1956
Format: Unknown
Creator: K. Myshka
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Central State Kinofotofono Archive after G.S. Pshenychny
Subject: House of the Little One, pond, isle, bridge, decorative sculpture
ID: 03932
City: Lviv
Date: 1938-1939
Format: 15х10 cm
Creator: Adam Lenkiewicz
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Maryna Kursanova
Subject: City park, management of railways
ID: 11906
City: Lviv
Date: 1965-1975
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject:
ID: 11828
City: Lviv
Date: 1958
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject:
ID: 07996
City: Lviv
Date: 1960-1965
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Illya Pavlyk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksandr Korobov
Subject: Park, pond, greenery, entrance

Vysoky Zamok municipal park sits north of the city center, astride Lviv Castle Hill. Both park and hill take their name from the ruined fortress on the territory. Opened in 1835, the park’s landscaped hillsides are crisscrossed by a network of trails through lower and upper terraces. In the second half of the 19th century, an artificial mound was erected on the upper terrace as a marker of the Union of Lublin, and topped by a scenic viewpoint. A walkway beneath stands of ash and chestnut trees beautify the lower terrace.