Stryiskyi Park



ID number:
11828
Title:
Stryiskyi Park
City:
Description:
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Creator:
Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1958
Format:
Unknown
Copyright:
Juriy Vdovenko
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 11819
City: Lviv
Date: 1964-1970
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: park
ID: 11870
City: Lviv
Date: 1957-1964
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: park
ID: 01102
City: Lviv
Date: 1900-1939
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Taras Pinyazhko
Subject: Stryiskyi Park, ruins of a castle, alley
ID: 01235
City: Lviv
Date: 1914
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Dawid Grund, Lwow
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: park, hill, Lublin Union Mound
ID: 00508
City: Lviv
Date: 1916
Format: 9х14 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: The Art Gallery of Polish Artists Publishing House, Lwow
Copyright: Taras Pinyazhko
Subject: Entrance to city park, people, vase, trees
ID: 03094
City: Lviv
Date: 1964
Format: 17х22 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Mykhailo Tsimerman
Subject: Stryiskyi park, alleys, benches, people
ID: 00166
City: Lviv
Date: Post-War period, Communist Rule (1946-1990)
Format: Unknown
Creator: Julian Dorosh
Publisher: Halytska Brama, Lviv
Copyright: Andriy Dorosh
Subject: Ivan Krypiakevych, O. Ratych, and W. Aulich viewing the Zamkova ("Castle") Hill
ID: 11829
City: Lviv
Date: 08.05.1967
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: park
ID: 02959
City: Lviv
Date: 1952-1960
Format: Unknown
Creator: Volodymyr Melnyk
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Melnyk
Subject: Amateur artists in park of culture and rest named after Bohdan Khmelnytsky

Stryiskyi Park sits in south Lviv between Stryiska Street and the upper part of Franko Street, on a ridge where Soroka Creek had its source. Arnold Röhring – the esteemed “park inspector” of the majestic capital city of Lviv – was the architect in charge of the design of this celebrated park. Work on the territory was begun in 1887. The design of the lower terrace reflects the landscaped pleasure garden approach, while the upper terrace, equipped to host the 1894 regional Expo has a more formal structure. In Stryiskyi Park’s more than 50 hectares of woods grow maple, chestnut, alder, birch, beech, oak, sycamore, acacia, linden, pine, and other varieties of trees.