Ivan Franko's Park



ID number:
11813
Title:
Ivan Franko's Park
City:
Description:
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Subject:
park
Creator:
Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1959
Format:
Unknown
Copyright:
Juriy Vdovenko
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 02839
City: Lviv
Date: 1937
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Rene Stivens
Subject: Kościuszko Park, Gołuchowski monument, children on sleighs
ID: 05894
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1955
Format: 10x15 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject:
ID: 05757
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1955
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject:
ID: 02639
City: Lviv
Date: 1968
Format: 30х30 сm
Creator: Oleh Vvedenskyi
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleh Vvedenskyi
Subject: Park, panorama of the city, decorative sculpture
ID: 06224
City: Lviv
Date: 1963-1964
Format: 9х6 сm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Park, fountain, sculpture, water
ID: 07885
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1953
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Illya Pavlyk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksandr Korobov
Subject: Park, holiday, children, people
ID: 08564
City: Lviv
Date: 1963-1964
Format: 6х9 cm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Park, alley, flowerbed, people
ID: 01102
City: Lviv
Date: 1900-1939
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Taras Pinyazhko
Subject: Stryiskyi Park, ruins of a castle, alley
ID: 11844
City: Lviv
Date: 01.05.1959
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: park

Ivan Franko Park occupies the property located on a hillside of the Lviv Heights between Lystopadovoho Chynu and Krushelnytskoi Streets. The land was once part of an outlying monastic (Jesuit) grange, from which the name Jesuit Gardens is derived. Toward the close of the 18th century, Emperor Joseph II granted the land to Lviv townsfolk for the establishment of a municipal park. In 1855, the territory was redesigned by town horticulturist Karl Bauer as a landscaped park. The arboreal landscaping boasts a variety of species of varying ages including maples, oaks, linden, chestnut, and others.