Ivan Franko's Park



ID number:
11803
Title:
Ivan Franko's Park
City:
Description:
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Subject:
park
Creator:
Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1957-1965
Format:
Unknown
Copyright:
Juriy Vdovenko
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 05757
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1955
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject:
ID: 07996
City: Lviv
Date: 1960-1965
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Illya Pavlyk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksandr Korobov
Subject: Park, pond, greenery, entrance
ID: 11877
City: Lviv
Date: 1964-1970
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: park
ID: 05894
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1955
Format: 10x15 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject:
ID: 08571
City: Lviv
Date: 1962
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Park, leisure, playground, children
ID: 11844
City: Lviv
Date: 01.05.1959
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: park
ID: 03168
City: Lviv
Date: 1941-1944
Format: 9х6 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: Marschallgasse, university, flower-bed, obelisk, people
ID: 09427
City: Lviv
Date: 1960
Format: 15х10 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksadr Moskalenko
Subject: Park, source, leisure
ID: 01117
City: Lviv
Date: 1916
Format: 90×140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Sztuka, Krakow
Copyright: Taras Pinyazhko
Subject: Monument, park, advertizement stand, Trzeciego Maja Street

Ivan Franko Park occupies the property located on a hillside of the Lviv Heights between Lystopadovoho Chynu and Krushelnytskoi Streets. The land was once part of an outlying monastic (Jesuit) grange, from which the name Jesuit Gardens is derived. Toward the close of the 18th century, Emperor Joseph II granted the land to Lviv townsfolk for the establishment of a municipal park. In 1855, the territory was redesigned by town horticulturist Karl Bauer as a landscaped park. The arboreal landscaping boasts a variety of species of varying ages including maples, oaks, linden, chestnut, and others.