Area near the Opera and Ballet Theatre. Fortifications of the old town



ID number:
09723
Title:
Area near the Opera and Ballet Theatre. Fortifications of the old town
City:
Subject:
Area, Opera and Ballet, Theatre, fortification
Creator:
R. Yakymenko
Publisher:
"Radianska Ukraina", Kyiv
Date:
1940-1980
Format:
Unknown
Copyright:
Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Collection:
Category:
Technique:
Inscriptions:
Львів. На площі біля будинку театру опери та балету. Оборонні споруди старої частини міста.

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 12752
City: Lviv
Date: 1980-2000
Format: Unknown
Creator: Tanas Nykyforuk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: building, architecture, decor
ID: 12674
City: Lviv
Date: 1970-1990
Format: Unknown
Creator: Tanas Nykyforuk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: building, architecture, secession
ID: 12706
City: Lviv
Date: 1970-1990
Format: Unknown
Creator: Tanas Nykyforuk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: building, architecture, secession
ID: 12772
City: Lviv
Date: 1980-2000
Format: Unknown
Creator: Tanas Nykyforuk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: building, architecture, secession, mask
ID: 10399
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1980
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Publishing House "Plakat", Moscow
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject:
ID: 12712
City: Lviv
Date: 1970-1990
Format: Unknown
Creator: Tanas Nykyforuk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: building, architecture, secession
ID: 02548
City: Lviv
Date: 2003
Format: 10х15 cm
Creator: Dmytro Zavrazhyn
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Dmytro Zavrazhyn
Subject: Reconstruction, “Magnus”, architectural details
ID: 12770
City: Lviv
Date: 1980-2000
Format: Unknown
Creator: Tanas Nykyforuk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: building, architecture, secession, mask
ID: 12776
City: Lviv
Date: 1980-2000
Format: Unknown
Creator: Tanas Nykyforuk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: building, architecture, secession, mask
The monument to V. I. Lenin was erected in front of the entrance to the Opera House at the intersection of Hetmanski Waly and the park-garden located in the center of First of May Street (the central street of the city, from 1855 on called Karla Ludwika Street, in 1919 renamed Legionow Street, from 1959 on known as Lenina Boulevard, and in 1991 renamed Svobody Boulevard). The monument was the work of Moscow sculptor Serhii Merkurov (1881-1952), and architects V. Sharapenko and S. Frantsuz. The square in front of the Opera House was organized according to the project by architects Ivan Persykov and M. Yurchuk. A public meeting devoted to the unveiling of the monument to Lenin in Lviv was held on January 20, 1952.