Museum of Ivan Fedorov



ID number:
09720
Title:
Museum of Ivan Fedorov
City:
Creator:
Vasyl Pylypjuk
Publisher:
"Radianska Ukraina", Kyiv
Date:
1950-1980
Format:
Unknown
Copyright:
Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Collection:
Category:
Technique:
Inscriptions:
Музей Івана Федорова

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 09736
City: Lviv
Date: 1970-1990
Format: Unknown
Creator: R. Yakymenko
Publisher: "Radianska Ukraina", Kyiv
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: Museum
ID: 08020
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1955
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Illya Pavlyk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksandr Korobov
Subject: Museum of ethnography, street, flowerbed, architectural elements, paving
ID: 01225
City: Lviv
Date: 1914
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Dawid Grund, Lwow
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: Industry Museum, Hetmanska Street, Wały Hetmańskie, Jabłonowski monument
ID: 11880
City: Lviv
Date: 1964-1970
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: museum
ID: 00480
City: Lviv
Date: 1914-1915
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Arnold & Schlag, Lwow
Copyright: Museum of Ancient Handwritten Ukrainian Book Art LAG
Subject: former Karla Ludwika str., Galicia Savings Bank, branch of Prague Credit Bank
ID: 00577
City: Lviv
Date: 1870
Format: 10х14 cm
Creator: Josef Eder
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Lviv Historical Museum
Subject: Dzedushytski museum, street
ID: 00484
City: Lviv
Date: 1905-1909
Format: 87х137 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Jan Bromilski, Lwow
Copyright: Museum of Ancient Handwritten Ukrainian Book Art LAG
Subject: Arts and Crafts Museum, passersby, advertisement
ID: 00142
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1960
Format: Unknown
Creator: Julian Dorosh
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Andriy Dorosh
Subject: Museum
ID: 01725
City: Lviv
Date: 1960-1970
Format: 10х12 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: Ivan Franko literary and memorial museum
The St. Onuphrius monastery in Lviv consists of a complex of buildings including a church, a belfry gate and monks’ cells which are owned by the Most Holy Saviour Province of the Basilian Order in Ukraine. It is located in the oldest part of the city existing since the times of the Principality of Galicia-Volhynia. The church is one of the oldest monastery churches; it is associated with well-known historical persons (a prince of Moldavia), clerics, members of the Lviv Stauropegion brotherhood, noted architects (Franz Trescher, Edgar Kováts), sculptors, carvers (Andriy Koverko), painters (Luka Dolynsky, Marcin Jabłonski, Modest Sosenko), printing pioneer Ivan Fedorovych (Fedorov). Some prominent figures of the sixteenth-eighteenth centuries from Lviv and Ukraine are buried in the church and near it.

According to the resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian SSR number 970 dated 24 August 1963, the St. Onuphrius church was entered in the National list of monuments under protection number 364/1.
The St. Onuphrius church belfry is an integral part of the monastery complex situated in the oldest part of the city, existing since the times of the Principality of Galicia-Volhynia, where it plays the dominant role. The church is one of the oldest monastery churches; it is associated with well-known historical persons (a prince of Moldavia), clerics, members of the Lviv Stauropegion brotherhood, noted architects (Franz Trescher, Edgar Kováts), sculptors, carvers (Andriy Koverko), painters (Luka Dolynsky, Marcin Jabłonski, Modest Sosenko), printing pioneer Ivan Fedorovych (Fedorov). Some prominent figures of the sixteenth-eighteenth centuries from Lviv and Ukraine are buried in the church and near it.

According to the resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian SSR number 970 dated 24 August 1963, the St. Onuphrius church belfry was entered in the National list of monuments under protection number 364/3.